9

As we continue to walk, this time in a weird stagnated silence, I can only think of how different she is from how she appears to be and definitely not in a bad way! Though I'd still probably scare her away if I did any of the things that went through my mind.

"I don't know why they told you to come around, I know this place like the back of my hand!"

I looked at her, noticing she was calmer but still looked annoyed. This seemed like her attempt at starting a less risky conversation.

"How so?"

She looked at me as if thinking of an answer then sighted.

"I promised to tell eventually so..."

She now had my full attention, not like she didn't always have it. She could've just continued walking in silence and he would've still ignored the rest of the world to just keep looking at her.

"The reason why I'm so...sensitive on the topic of soulmates is because I'm not from this universe. Being a mage I guess you've heard of the multiverse theory right?"

Her words were confusing me but I nodded nonetheless, trying to understand what she was gonna get to.

"The universe I come from is quite boring, let's be honest."

She laughed although it sounded forced and fake, I didn't utter a word though and only waited for her to continue.

"Where I come from, all of your universe's stories are comics and movies! Up until 2 weeks ago, to me, you were all fictional characters."

My eyes widened at her words. Is my soulmate the living proof of the multiverse theory?!

"Well not exactly everything, and not the same, in my universe Pietro is long dead for example!"

I nod slowly, processing everything and letting her know she can go on explaining.

"As they've probably told you, two weeks ago I appeared here... And the reason my soulmate is such a touchy subject is because he's most likely from my universe of origin!"

Not exactly, but I understand why she would think that.

"I could try and get back, but I love it here! It's basically a dream to me... That's kinda why I hope he gets a second chance mate."

Her words made me tense up and lock my jaw in restraint, did she really think I would accept anyone else?!

Yeah like I'd ever, for once there's something I'm considered worthy of and I am definitely not letting her slip out of my grasp.

After a moment of silence she stops walking and so do I.

"So have they told you any specific room or-?"

I stop to think then shake my head, she looks around for a moment then turns back to face me.

"What about being neighbors then? Where did they put your stuff?"

I was surprised she herself had asked me, but I didn't take long to show her the room beside mine, hoping she wouldn't change her mind at the last minute and excuse myself to my own room.

Once there I started preparing a vast list of spells that would englobe both of our rooms, some of protection and others noise canceling to increase her privacy along with mine.