H -10

"...you said my name during sex."

I feel my face drop as soon as she says exactly what I was afraid she would. I close my eyes as my cheeks flush and exhale heavily, humiliation overtaking me. I open my eyes to look at her and find a somewhat smug smile on her drunk little face, which is annoying, but also equally adorable. I run my hand over my face to try and come up with some sort of response, but I've got nothing.

"Relax." She smirks at me when I look at her again. "Five years later and you still got it that bad for me? Hard to be upset about that."

Is she joking?

"Fuck, Violet-" I feel like I should apologize, but she cuts me off.

"Yeah, it probably sounded something like that."

Oh, she's enjoying this. She always did like making me squirm. I guess some things never change. Regardless, I'm embarrassed and feel weird about it.

"Can you stop, and let me just-"

"I don't fucking care, Harry." She grabs my hand, seemingly out of reflex, if that's even possible after so long apart, and we both just stare down at it. She takes a deep breath before looking up at me again and says, "Just dance with me."

I look back and forth between her eyes for a moment, trying to decide what the right thing to do is. Behind her, the bartender refills our shared shot glass, and I quickly pick it up to take it.

"Fuck it." I mumble when I slam it back down on the counter.

The whole point of this party is to let off steam, and I'm not going to miss my chance to be close to her again, even if it's selfish of me.

She squeals happily when I pull her to the dance floor behind me and I can't keep the smile from emerging on my face when I spin her around once before I pull her into me. We find a rhythm swaying back at forth together, one of her hands draped over my shoulder and the other on my chest.

I'm trying to figure out a respectful place for my hands. I know there's not a single inch of her body that I haven't touched before, but things are very different now. It's been a long time, we are different people, she has a boyfriend. I'm not trying to cross any lines that would make her uncomfortable, especially.

She senses my hesitation and grabs my hands in her own, and places them on the small of her waist. The action pulls her into me a few more inches and I exhale a heavy breath, absolutely reveling in her allowing me to be this close to her again.

The music changes, going from an old rock song to a hip hop song. She starts to sing along and I watch her, smiling at how much fun she's having. I bend down and grab the end of her dress from off the floor, holding it so people don't step on it. She pauses when I do this and I realize that probably wasn't my place.

"Sorry-" I say to her over the loud bass, but she shakes her head to stop me.

She turns around in a half circle and my eyes widen when she backs up, putting herself flush against me. She grabs my hands and puts them back on her waist, the fabric of her dress draped over my arm.

I move with her to the beat, my mind spinning when I feel her ass press up against me as we dance. I throw my head back and try to keep my composure, but it's getting harder by the second. No pun intended.

"Are you using me right now," I lean down slightly to ask directly into her ear. "because you know this would make your boyfriend jealous?"

She hooks her arm around my head and grabs the back of my neck to keep me there, so I can hear her when she says, "Is that a problem for you?"