24

"Tell me again." Phoebe mumbles, munching on fried rice straight from the take away box, as we sit on the floor of my living room.

"Absolutely not." I laugh and chuck a chopstick at her.

"I can't believe you guys fucked in his office." She says, in disbelief of that, along with everything else I've told her.

I invited her to come up for dinner after work, since we've both been working late the past few days. She's been badgering me since Friday to tell her what's going on between Harry and I. His car outside of the building was the first thing she noticed, not to mention she said I had a certain glow about me that she'd never seen before. She said I looked "freshly fucked", and then I smacked her with my color swatch binder.

"Tell me about your trip," I change the subject, "we haven't had any time to talk since you've been back."

"It's not nearly as exciting as you romping with your old flame in the office." I level my stare at her and she sighs. "It was fine. Mom and Dad are buying a new house, my sister is still sleeping her way through the fraternities at college, and I dyed my hair. So exciting."

"I like your hair." I say, smiling at her.

"What can I say? I just want to be you so bad." She jokes and brushes her slightly darker curls back from her shoulder.

My phone rings suddenly and I jump, surprised that someone would be calling me so late. I grab my phone from the coffee table and roll my lips into my mouth when I see who it is.

"Is it him?!" Phoebe asks excitedly.

"Not a word." I warn and narrow my eyes at her.

"Put it on speaker." She whispers quickly before I flip my phone open.

"Hello?" I mumble, trying to sound uninterested. I didn't put it on speaker. Phoebe shuffles herself closer to me, resting her head against mine to try and hear the other end of the conversation.

"I thought that hickey you left on me would go away by now." Harry says lowly on the other end and I bite my lip to hold back a smile. "That's what you wanted though, isn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie.

"I'm talking about you marking your territory." He deadpans and Phoebe widens her eyes at me.

"You mean like you did to me a few weeks ago?" I snap back. "I recall the marks you left on me being much worse, and painful."

"You fucking bit me that night, I think you won that one."  My face flushes and Phoebe snorts a laugh. I left that part out when I told her about the first time we slept together again. I smack her arm, but it's too late. "Hi, Phoebe." Harry mumbles.

"Hi." She squeaks out like a kid who was caught doing something bad. I push her away from me and stand up.

"Sorry. She can't hear you anymore." I turn toward the window and catch a glimpse of a shadow moving behind the building across the street from my place. I furrow my eyebrows, but just close the blinds. "Is there something you need, Harry?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice." I can practically see his dimples popping in his cheeks.

"You're so corny." I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Meet me at your favorite bar at eight on Friday night."

"You're awfully demanding." I mumble, trying to act like my heart isn't beating out of my chest at him planning something for our date.

"Do you not want me to take you out?"

"See you Friday, at eight." I agree and he laughs softly. "Bye, Harry."