63

It's been just over a week since Phoebe's attack, and there hasn't been a moment where I feel anything but paranoid.

We were able to move my girls out of the office and into an empty event room in the hotel. Cam, Harry and a few security guards he borrowed from the hotel stood watch as the girls packed up their things at the office to move. The boys' presence would've been enough. Johnny is too much of a coward to confront anyone he doesn't perceive as weaker than him, but I appreciate Harry not taking the chance.

I haven't gotten around to preparing to list my building but knowing everyone is out of there puts my mind a little more at ease. There's a few things I need to do before it's ready to sell, but that means I have to go there, and I'm not ready to do that yet.

Phoebe is itching to get back to work. Cam has done everything but tie her down to keep her from coming in. The doctor told her at least another week of resting with little to no activity, and I know it's driving her fucking nuts.

A few times this week I've brought work home with me, and by home, I mean to Cam's place where Phoebe claims she's being held captive. We close ourselves in their bedroom while the guys drink and talk, or do whatever boys do, while I keep her busy.

Harry has not let up on me one bit. I know he only operates out of love for me, but since we discovered who my stalker is, he's practically been on top of me every second of the day. I'm not exaggerating- he's literally stepped on my foot once or twice.

He left for a meeting a few minutes ago, only after I promised I would stay in my office, and I told him I didn't want to sit in the conference room when he offered. I hold my phone up to my ear, listening to it ring.

"Hi, sweetheart."

"Anne," I breathe out a sigh of relief when she answers and bring my hand to my forehead, "your son is driving me up a wall."

"Remember what I told you the first time we met?" She chuckles and I wrack my brain trying to think. "You need to give him something to do, or he'll follow you around like a puppy. Give him a project."

"He has projects, Anne." I grumble into the phone. "He has an empire to run, which he does incredibly well, but somehow still finds time to Velcro himself to my hip."

"Honey-" I can tell she's trying to hold in a laugh, and I interrupt her before she finishes.

"I'm serious. If he could find a way to actually be inside my skin with me, he would." I deadpan, no humor to my voice. Anne laughs loudly anyway, and I can't help but crack a smile.

"He adores you, love." She says softly, making my heart swell in my chest.

"I know." I exhale a heavy breath. "I'm trying not to be too hard on him."

"The two of you have been through a whirlwind of emotions these past few months. I know it's a lot, but he just wants to make sure you're safe and okay."

"Maybe I should get him a coloring book." I joke, making her laugh again. "Thank you for picking up, Anne. I just needed- I just..." I trail off, not finding the right words.

"I know, honey. I love you too."

We say goodbye and I close my phone just as Harry pushes my office door open.

"Hi." I smile softly at him and he smiles back.

"Hi, baby." He walks around my desk and holds his hand out, pulling me to my feet when I take it. "I missed you."

"Mm." I hum and roll my eyes, since he just left not even twenty minutes ago.

Without warning, he crashes his lips onto mine and walks forward, pushing me back against the bookshelf that lines the wall. I grunt at the impact and whine against his mouth when he forces my legs apart with his knee and pushes my skirt up my thighs.