50

"Violet, please don't make a big deal." Harry says as we pull into Mia and Niall's driveway.

"You're telling me he just gets to act the way he did, and get away with it?" I turn toward him in my seat and raise my eyebrows at him.

"No, but I'm telling you I'll talk to him." He mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"By talk to him you mean you'll tell him he's a dickhead, play fight and then have a drink." He looks back and forth between my eyes before he shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah, that's not happening."

I open the passenger door and step out of the car. I hear Harry exhale a sigh before he follows me up the steps to their house. I knock on the door and side step away from him when he gets close to me. I'm not mad at him, but if he thinks he's going to keep me from confronting Niall, I can definitely muster up enough rage for both of them.

The door swings open and as soon as I see Niall, I'm stepping forward, planting my hand against his chest to push him back. His face falls as he looks at me, eyes wide in surprise.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I growl at him as I step inside the house.
"I was being vulnerable with you and you decided to use it against Harry for your own petty little agenda?"
I keep walking and he mirrors my strides, stumbling backward into his own house.

"Violet-" he tries to interrupt me, but I cut him off.

"It was fucked up for you to put him in that position." I jam my finger into his chest and am about to yell at him some more when I feel an arm wrap around my waist.

Harry picks me up from where I've cornered Niall in the living room, and sets me behind him to create distance between me and his brother. I shove his arm off of me when he puts me down and he holds his hands up in front of him in surrender. I look back to Niall and raise my eyebrows at him, waiting.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles. "I'm sorry to both of you. I know it wasn't my place, I was just frustrated at the thought of Harry ruining his own life, again."

"Okay-" Harry mutters, a little offended, but I cut him off too.

"I trusted you, and you betrayed me by making a scene and putting him on the spot." I say firmly and Niall's face falls a little.

"Violet, I'm sorry." He mutters sincerely and I cross my arms over my chest. "My intention wasn't to embarrass either of you, I just didn't want it to go too far and then your relationship couldn't come back from it."

"I can appreciate that, Niall, but it wasn't your call to make."

"Yeah, but, you guys clearly made up, so it wasn't all bad, right?" He says with a smirk.

"Okay, you know what-" I try to step around Harry to lunge at Niall as he quickly walks to the other side of the room, putting the coffee table between us, and Harry wraps his arm around my waist again.

"All of you are driving me fucking crazy." Mia grumbles when she comes into the room. She smacks Niall's shoulder lightly as she passes him and whacks Harry's arm to get him to release his hold on me.
"You boys are taking us out tonight, we obviously need to blow off some steam."

She takes my hand in hers and starts to pull me down the hall toward their bedroom. Harry watches Mia drag me behind her with wide eyes and I just shrug in response.

"I swear I didn't know about Sara," Mia says immediately when the bedroom door shuts behind us, "and I didn't know Niall was going to go rabid on Harry like that."

"I know." I giggle and sit on top of their perfectly made bed.

"Are you okay?" She asks, concerned, and sits down next to me. "You stormed out so fast, and then I didn't hear from you."