Book 1, Part 013 : The Crimson Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"There! Finally, they're all pureed!" Ace heaved, wiping his forehead.

"Man,, my arm is killing me," Deuce mumbled, massaging his wrist.

"Nice work, all of you!" Trey praised, smiling,"It'll be all the more sweeter for your pain,"

"Fna.. the smell alone has me droolin',," Grim huffed, laying flat on the chair.

"Now, I just need to add some butter and sugar to the chestnut plate and a sensible splash of," Trey pulled out a bottle,"Oyster sauce - my secret ingredient,"

You furrowed your brows,"Hold on.."

"Oyster sauce?!!" Ace and Deuce exclaimed, shocked.

Trey nodded,"Hm-mm! The umami of oysters gives the cream a deep, savory flavor. And I use this one," he showed you all the bottle,"Walrus-brand oyster sauce! Only the best of the best bakers use this in their tarts,"

You eyed him skeptically. "I don't believe that,"

"But.. some people put chocolate in curry, don't they?" Ace muttered, confused,"Maybe this is the same?"

"Anything that potent and salty should never be added into a pastry. The saltiness would override the original flavor of the tarts, leaving it bitter, inedible and frankly, as I said, salty as the ocean air," Helia concluded, washing his hands in the basin.

"Pfft-" Trey doubled over, laughing as he leaned against the island,"Ahahah haha!!"

"Wha- what's so funny?" Grim wondered aloud.

"I'm kidding! Helia's right." Trey chuckled,"No one in their right mind would put oyster sauce in their pastry,"

"What?!!" Ace glared at the third year,"So you were just yankin' our chains?"

"So gullible you are, Acey," You chirped, patting his head.

He growled, swatting your hand away.

"If you'd used that brain of yours, you would've realized how ridiculous it was. Hence, consider this a lesson," Trey ruffled Ace's hair,"Don't believe everything you hear,"

"Fyeh," Grim glared, arms crossed over his chest,"And here I thought he was a decent human,"

"Well, all we have to do now is put on the cream and- Oh!"

"What's the matter?" You questioned.

He looked at you,"You guys collected so many chestnuts that we may have overdone it with the chestnut paste," he frowned,"I don't think we have enough cream to mix in,"

"Then," Deuce stepped forward,"I'll go buy some. Do they sell cream at the school store?"

"They sell pretty much everything, so.." Trey adjusted his glasses,"Probably," He smiled,"Could I have you pick up a few more things, as you are heading there anyway?"