Book 5, Part 057 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Three Days Later...

Voice & Dance Championship, Campus Audition Day

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Myaah! There's a ton of competition here!" Grim mumbled as he looked around.

"There's gotta be like fifty people." Ace guessed.

"And it seems everyone's in their P.E. uniforms as well," Helia noted.

Ace looked up at you. "And you both still didn't change your mind about auditioning?"

"We're just here for moral support." You responded.

"O-oh no, I'm tensing up already." Deuce gulped, breaking out in a nervous sweat as his knees shook,"I-i'm blanking out on the song lyrics again!"

Ace rolled his eyes. "You'll be fine. Just chill."

"Easier said than done, but Ace is right. Just close your eyes and take a few slow and deep breaths." You softly instructed.

Deuce nodded and shut his eyes, following your advice.

A few moments later, he opened his eyes as he released his final breath, his shoulders visibly relaxing.

Helia smiled. "Better?"

He nodded. "A bit, yes."

"Ooh, what's this? Adeuce and the Ramshackle Trio?"

Your ears twitched at the familiar voice, and you all turned around to see Cater, phone in hand, and a grin on his face.

"You guys are here for the VDC auditions too, huh?" He asked.

"Afternoon, Cater." You and Helia greeted.

"Hey, Cater! Yeah, how about you?" Grim responded.

"Got it in one. The event's happening at our school, and I hear Vil's gonna be in it this year." Cater smiled, his eyes shining with excitement,"What would be cooler than competing on stage against a mega-celeb with five million Magicam followers?"

Is he that big of a deal? I should look him up when I get back to the dorm later, you thought.

"Deuce took it way too seriously, but you're being way too shallow about it..." Ace sighed as he shook his head.

Cater suppressed his laugh. "Pfft. I'm pretty sure most people here are like me, actually."

He looked around the Pomefiore common room before he pointed near the back.

"Check out Exhibit A over there." He said.

You looked over your shoulder to see he was pointed at Ruggie. Your eyes widened a bit in surprise; you weren't expecting him of all people to audition for something like this. He didn't seem like the type to enjoy being the center of attention.