Book 5, Part 062 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Myah..." Grim flopped onto your bed,"We're only on day one, and I'm already pooped."

"Now imagine how bad it is for the performers." You said, flipping through the astrology book you'd been reading this morning.

"It's all for my tuna bonanza. I gotta make sure they win this thing!"

"Oi, didn't Helia and Vil tell you to get to bed early tonight?" He questioned afterward.

"I will, don't worry."

"I ain't worried!"

You snorted under your breath. "Alright."

"I'm worried about me. I mean, what if I get scolded with you, and not just by Vil but Helia too!"

"You won't, Grim. I'll defend you."

"You better!" He huffed, pawing at your pillow.

You grabbed your notebook, and your ears twitched as singing drifted through the open window from outside. You instinctively looked at it.

Grim stopped his movements and looked at the window as well. "Hm? Who's makin' that noise in the yard?"

"I know that voice..." You trailed as you pushed yourself away from your desk.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

When you and Grim managed to make it outside, your assumption was correct; it was Kalim.

He sang to himself, index fingers moving back and forth as he walked around in a slow circle, eyes closed with concentration.

Then, he stopped and sighed, shoulders sagging. "Hmmm... I keep missing that note."

"Hey, Kalim! If you stay out late, Coach Vil is gonna chew our heads off!" Grim warned.

Kalim let out a noise of surprise, body swerving around to face you both.

"Whoa! Grim and Lana? Did you hear me from the dorm?" He smiled apologetically,"Sorry about that!"

"That's alright. I wasn't asleep." You assured him.

"How can you still be going after gettin' worked to the bone today?" Grim inquired.

"Rest is just as important as practice." You said.

How hypocritical, you scolded yourself.

"It's not what you think." He defended with a nervous chuckle.

"This is the first time I've ever done something like this. I'm..." he trailed off, his smile faltering a bit,"Pretty upset that I got passed over for main vocals."