Book 2, Part 022 : The Usurper From The Wilds

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You all entered the Hall Of Mirrors, following Riddle to one of the seven nooks where the Pomefiore Mirror was placed.

The Pomefiore Mirror was framed in silver and decorated with silver peacock feathers, a peacock resting on the top of the mirror, around the Pomefiore Dorm crest. Blue crystals with dark blue and purple undertones were placed on the outer steps leading to the mirror, two twin candles hanging on either wall with purple flames.

You all stepped through, you and Helia instinctively covering your eyes before the bright light could blind you both. When you lowered your hands, you found yourselves infront of a large building made of grey stone, resembling a castle.

"Let's start here, at Pomefiore," Cater explained as you all made your way towards the building,"There's a third year named Rook Hunt who's caught my eye. He's got a blonde bob-cut and sports a fedora with a large feather- you can't miss him,"

You all walked into the building, your steps resounding through the entry hall.

"Rook is an exceptional player. He played extremely well in last year's tournament," Riddle revealed.

"But, he is a bit of an.. odd duck, one would say," he added quietly.

You rounded a corner, looking into a sitting room or lounge of sorts - an expensive one at that. You eyed all the decorum - everything seemed to be shining or sparkling.

"That's alot of white and gold,," Helia muttered, gaping at the decorum.

You moved to the purple sofas - more specifically, the double-sofa - where three students sat. Two you recognized from lunch on your first day - the boy with the soft face and the one with the fedora. The other, who was examining his face in a compact mirror, you did not recognize.

You nodded your head at the boy in the fedora. "Is that him?"

Ace peered under your arm, wincing. "Whoa, that guy's, like, a total glitter bomb, in human form. He's basically sparkling,"

"Non, Epel, non,"

Your ear twitched, keying in on the conversation.

"Waa~ so cute~~" Cater whispered, the click of his camera following.

"Cater!" Riddle scolded.

"When you lift your teacup, do not insert your finger through the handle," Rook chided lightly,"It is most inélégant,"