Book 4, Part 046 : The Schemer Of The Scalding Sands

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You huffed, knees buckling just as you tossed half your body onto the bed, and Helia slid down the closet, head tilted back as he breathed heavily.

Grim threw himself across Helia's legs, panting. "Uuuggh... I'm wiped out. I can't walk another step.."

"I don't think the students can take much more of this either.." Helia huffed.

You pushed yourself up onto your elbows. "We need to get out of here."

"I'm at my own limit too, ya know! I don't wanna spend another second in this prison. I'm pooped and ready to pass out." Grim grunted.

"But," he rummaged around and pulled out his spoon,"I've still got my trusty spoon. I'm gonna finish diggin' that hole tonight!"

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Grim's digging ceased, and a gasp of excitement followed shortly after.

"Woah! Helia! Hey, Lana!" He called for you both.

You groaned from where you lay on the bed, then turned your head to look at Grim on the floor. Helia was propped up against the bottom of the bed with his arms crossed over his chest.

Grim pointed at the fairly large hole. "Look! The hole finally reached the other side of the door! I couldn't get it too big, but hey,"

He grinned. "They say as long as you can get your head through a hole, the rest follows easy enough."

Helia pushed himself up and crouched beside Grim. "Good job, Grim. And, I don't think that'd be too big of a problem. I'm quite flexible."

You quirked a brow as you joined the other side. "And don't you mean shoulders?"

"I'll go through first and pull you through second, then you pull Helia. Now," Grim began lowering himself in the hole,"Let's get this show on the road!"

Grim climbed through the hole, and your ears twitched as his voice called out from the other side of the door.

"Come on!"

You looked at Helia, and he nodded.

"I'll be right behind you," he swore.

With that, you climbed through the hole with ease thanks to your flexibility and low and behold, you made it through. Helia followed shortly after whilst you dusted dirt out of your hair.

"Phew... we finally made it out of that stupid room.." Grim huffed in relief.

"Now I know how pasta feels when going through a pasta maker.." You muttered.

Helia let out a surprised laugh, eyebrow raised in amusement. "That's what you deduced?"

"Okay, let's get back to Ramshackle Dorm while we can." Grim began slowly tiptoe-ing,"Just gotta be niiiice and quiet—!"