Book 3, Part 036 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Thalassophobia is defined as an intense phobia or fear of large bodies of water," you mumbled, the book floating in front of you with a dim luminous light surrounding it.

But, I don't have a problem with large lakes or rivers, you thought, waving your hand to flip the page to the next folded triangle.

"Hydroskourophobia is defined as a dear of deep, dark water," you read.

Well, I am afraid of the dark but not to the point where it's considered a phobia, you thought.

"What is it that unsettles you about the ocean?" You read.

You don't know where this fear manifested itself from. Whenever you tried to recall any life altering memories that may have occurred around beaches and the ocean, a sharp pain would strike your brain, leading to a terrible migrain.

Whenever you'd ask Uncle Saladin, he'd tell you that you were always afraid of the ocean and the beach since you were a young fairy. You'd scream and cry so loud and long that you'd tire yourself out and would not be able to speak for days. Funny enough, merfolk never terrified you.

A recent occurrence you remember was on Andros. After Valtor was sent to the Omega Dimension for a second time, a lavish party was hosted on Andros for you all. Frankly, you weren't all too happy as the ocean practically swallowed the entire planet, and you wanted to get back to Alfea as soon as he was shipped off.

But Ayesha and Stella had latched onto either arm, pleading and playfully bribing you with honey wine. You didn't even drink wine. You didn't want to disappoint them, especially Stella, and against your better judgment, caved in.

One thing led to another, and you found yourself out of the castle. You didn't want to go and you were insistent on this, but they weren't having it. They didn't want to leave you all alone.

You found yourself slung over Riven's shoulder like a scarf, panicking and hyperventilating as you neared the ocean. You waited for Riven to toss you on the sand, prepared to break out in a full sprint, and head back to Linphea.

That didn't happen, and to this day don't remember if the salty taste in your senses originated from the sea or your tears.

You screamed like a banshee, thrashing violently in his grasp, crying out to be put down. You kicked and screamed and scratched, wailing as teardrops streamed down your face. You elbowed him in the eyeball, and he dropped you, hissing and cussing as he rubbed at the area. You remember how the sand felt cool against your flushed face before you crawled to a nearby rock, leaning up against it as you breathed heavily through your mouth, vision hazey.

He was prepared to yell, but his face softened instantly as he realized you were genuinely terrified of the ocean. He apologized over and over again for two months after that but you forgave him. He didn't know you were terrified to such an extent.