Book 4, Part 050 : The Schemer Of The Scalding Sands

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Your vision tunneled with black spotting your peripheral, the familiar burgundy backdrop obscuring your vision. The sound of the ink pouring and staining the background echoed menacingly and accompanied with it was the disgusting, metallic scent of unstable magic.

You nearly dropped Helia's blazer that was covering the lower part of your face, but he quickly helped you keep it in place, shielding your body with his own from the harsh wind.

He called your name with worry and concern, and you blinked quickly, your vision returning. You gripped his arm with one hand, the other on the blazer, as you looked over his shoulder.

Your eyes widened in horror.

He overblotted.. you gulped.

His Scarabia uniform had morphed into a dark and cynical outfit.

A black turban with gold rimming shaped like twin snakes, a red ruby nestled in the center with a rim of gold and a single red feather adorned his head with a long, red train that seemed to have been haphazardly torn and burned. Black ink crawled up his arms, imitating gloves, and gold bangles adorned his wrists.

A dark red tunic with elbow-length slit sleeves and beaded gold plating coveted the expanse of his chest. Thin, gold beaded chains were connected from the bottom of the plating to medium-sized gold discs on his elbows. A belt made of large golden discs adorned his waist with more thin, golded bead chains from it and around his hips and thighs. Black shoulder pads with intricate designs accented the top, and ink seemed to swirl tauntingly around them.

The red tunic faded into a deep black beneath the belt all the way to his ankles and was twisted near the end. The bottom also seemed to be burned and torn with a slit that exposed his calves in the front. Black criss-cross patterns ran up his legs, with little red gems in the center of each criss-cross, and were connected to a pair of black, pointed flats with a single red gem on each.

Intricate black marks adorned his forehead, chin, and the outer edges of his eyes, and a bright red flame danced over his left eye with a single black mark resembling a tear cascading down his cheek. His hair had also transformed into snakes with glowing red eyes and mouths.

You gagged into the blazer again, screwing your eyes shut to gain your bearings. It seemed that after each overblot, the scent only got more metallic and more nauseating.

"What in the world? J-jamil just transformed?!" Kalim exclaimed, eyes wide with disbelief.

"The very air around us is changing. It's just like what happened with Azul..." Jade noted.

"He's overblotted!" Azul grit his teeth, eyes wide,"And right on winter break with no prospects of backup from any corner. This is quite the conundrum."