Book 5, Part 058 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

In the Pomefiore ballroom, Vil and Rook sat behind a small table with a few pages in front of them, near the wall of mirrors, facing the door.

"All right, let's get this audition started." Rook picked up one of the pages,"Entry number one, you're up."

The door opened, and Ruggie walked in.

"Start the music!"

When the music started to play, Ruggie began dancing and singing.

A minute later, the music stopped.

Rook smiled. "Monsieur Dent-de-Lion. Your fleet footwork and broad smile convey gallantry and boyish charm in equal measure. Beauté! Full marks!"

"You carry yourself well enough, but your dancing and singing leave much to be desired." Vil said.

"Next!" He called out.

After Ruggie left, Cater walked in, and as the music started, began to sing and dance as well until the music came to a steady stop.

"Monsier Magicam. Your singing voice sparkled with diamond clarity! I could immerse myself in it for hours. Beauté! Full marks!" Rook chirped with a smile.

Vil frowned. "You did the entire song and dance without any errors, but your performance is utterly lacking in passion."

"Next!"

The next applicant was Lilia, who did the assigned performance as the music played.

"Monsieur Curiosite." Rook started once the music stopped,"Your boyish looks belie the depth of your voice. It is truly fascinating to behold. Beauté! Full marks!"

Vil narrowed his eyes a bit in contemplation. "I can't put my finger on it—for some reason, you show none of the youthful vim one would expect from a student."

"Next!"

After Lilia left, Ortho walked in and began singing and dancing to the music. Except, his movements were a bit rigid, and his voice sounded less natural and more robotic.

Rook's eyes widened in surprise. "Monsieur Marionette. How very cutting-edge! I was riveted by the precision of your robotic dancing and singing. Beauté! Full marks!"

"I've heard of genreless, but this is ridiculous." Vil mumbled as he shook his head.

"Next!" He called out.

When Ortho left, Kalim entered, all smiles, and brimming with poorly contained excitement.

The music started to play, and he burst into song and dance, doing both seamlessly.

"Roi Dore!" Rook exclaimed when the music stopped.

"Your dancing is like a simoom kicking up the desert Sands! And your singing is so uplifting. I can feel myself floating away. Beauté! Full marks!" He chirped afterward.