Book 2, Part 024 : The Usurper From The Wilds

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Jack let out a yell, raising his fist as he charged towards Deuce, who let out a yell aswell. They both punched each other across the face before they both staggered back, breathing heavily.

You looked up at the two, blinking lamely.

"Man,, you just.." Jack panted,"You just don't give an inch,,"

Deuce peered at him, huffing. "You neither. You sure can fight,"

"It's like every one of your punches rattled me to the core,," Grim huffed.

"Yeesh,," Ace panted, hands on his knees,"Maybe we got a little carried away. At this point, I don't even care about making the stupid team,"

You sighed, standing up before dusting your skirt off. "You all really took a beating,"

"No shit," Helia muttered, joining your side.

"All right. The path ahead is clear," Jack looked at you all,"I'll tell you all I know,"

Ace made a sound of confusion. "The path? The path to what?"

"The path my heart's telling me to walk. Remember," he frowned,"I'm betraying my own dorm here. But I can't be quiet any longer!"

"What-"

"I don't care how strong the foe - I wanna face them with my own two fists! I've been training hard for this tournament. I was so excited to see how far I could go." Jack scowled, his fists clenching at his sides,"But these cowardly schemes are making me sick! A triumph won through treachery means nothing! I wanted to claim victory on the back of my own strength and skill, and fight to defend it!"

"I think I preferred talking to his fists," Ace muttered.

He's really passionate about this, and he appears to have good morals, you thought, smiling as you listened.

"I get it!" Deyce proudly exclaimed,"I know exactly what he means!"

Grim eyed him. "That's not a good sign,"

A conflicted expression graced Jack's face, the boy averting his gaze for a moment before he shook his head, shoulders sagging.

"Ruggie's Unique Magic," he finally spoke,"It makes it's target copy Ruggie's movements. Since he's making the same movements as the person who he's controlling, he's able to make it look like an accident,"