Book 4, Part 052 : The Schemer Of The Scalding Sands

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"All right. Jamil and Lana are back in action, and we're done with our winter break assignments! You know what that means:" Kalim grinned,"Let's throw a grand holiday party!"

"Have you considered not throwing a party every other day?" Jamil sighed.

You smiled at them. "That doesn't sound too bad,"

Azul hummed. "Indeed. What could be nicer than a little celebration to commemorate the season?"

"Speaking of resting," Jade's eyes trailed to your fingers,"I see your hands are nearly back to normal."

You looked at them; the luminous black had faded and only dusted your fingertips to the first knuckle.

"I suppose it's that two days passed out that helped." Azul said.

"The camels are all loaded with food." Jamil said.

"And I've got my swimsuit!" Floyd threw his arm across your shoulders, pulling you into a side-hug,"Can't wait to dive right into that oasis."

"And speaking of swimsuits," Kalim began, hands behind his back as he approached you.

"Ta-da!" He cheered, revealing a bathing suit in either hand, one for you and one for Helia.

Helia's consisted of a pair of dusty blue swim shorts and a short-sleeve black swim shirt.

Yours was a black surfer-style bodysuit with a short wrap-skirt attached. On either side of your torso, blue and white flowers were scattered.

"It should fit you if Helia gave the right measurements. And, I made sure to have as much skin covered as possible as he said you burn quite easily in the Sun." He explained as he handed the suits to you both.

You held the suit up and to your body.

You smiled and looked at Kalim. "I love it. Thank you, Kalim. You didn't need to do this."

He waved a dismissive hand. "It's the least I could do."

"Now," he grinned,"It's time for the parade! Bring on the elephants and peacocks, too!"

"Yeah! To the oasis we go!" Grim cheered from Helia's shoulder.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Kalim nodded to himself. "Okay. That should take care of everything."

"Go on, everybody! Eat, dance, and sing the bad times away!" He turned to Jamil, who was leaning against a palm tree.

He grabbed his hand with a grin. "Come on, Jamil! Let's dance!"

Jamil's eyes widened. "I-i'm good, really-!"