Book 5, Part 061 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"I finished my dinner, but I feel like I've still got room for more." Ace sighed.

Kalim hummed. "I know what you mean. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't have the spicy punch or richness I'm used to."

"The dishes used vegetables, white meat chicken, and fruit. I thought the portions were reasonably sized." Jamil commented.

"They described it as a 'toning' menu, not a 'slimming-down' menu." Deuce recalled.

"All those veggies are barely a meal to me..." Grim's brows furrowed as he pouted,"Helia, Lana, and I aren't even competing, so how about letting us have some more meat? Ooh, or something fried?"

His eyes sparkled with excitement as he tugged at the hem of your skirt. "Ooh! Ooh! Or, you could make some panzarotti!"

You laughed a bit and pat the top of his head. "Your pronunciation has improved. But I'm afraid we're short on ingredients for that, Grim. Besides, if this is how bad you're gonna be on day one, it's gonna be a long month."

"That's because you didn't eat anything!"

"I'm just not that hungry."

"Even so, I still feel you should eat something. You need to take your iron tablets and vitamins. You can't take those on an empty stomach." Helia reminded.

"I'll eat something light, like some fruit before I go to sleep and take them. I'm just not hungry at the moment." You assured.

Your ears twitched at the ringing of a bell from the front door.

"Hm? Who's showin' up this late?" Grim wondered aloud.

You shrugged as Helia opened the door. You were greeted by the sight of a ghost dressed in a delivery uniform.

"Special delivery! Is Epel Felmier of Pomefiore present?" The ghost inquired.

"Uh," Epel stood beside Helia,"Y-yes. I'm Epel."

The ghost extended a clipboard with a pen attached. "If you could sign here? We've got ten large boxes for you. Mind if we drop them off in the foyer?"

"Sure, thats—" Epel's hand froze as he finished signing, eyes wide,"Wait, did you say ten?!"

"Yes." The ghost flipped to the next page on the clipboard,"It's from... Oh, this also says 'Felmier'. I take it that's your family? They're all heavy, so he careful carrying them."

Helia passed you three of the boxes, and he took five, and the ghost carried the last two. You placed them neatly against the wall of the corridor in a heap, and you gaped at how it nearly touched the ceiling.

"The Ramshackle Dorm foyer's stacked floor-to-ceiling with boxes now." Deuce said.

Epel gawked at the tower of boxes. "Ahhh! These have to be from Meemaw—" he cleared his throat, expression relaxing,"Ah, that is, from my grandmother. I've told her so many times over the phone that she doesn't need to send this stuff."