Book 2, Part 025 : The Usurper From The Wilds

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Myah! Get a load of all the food stands!" Grim exclaimed, perched on Helia's head to get a better view,"They got churros and funnel cake and- ooh!! Is that jerky?!"

"Calm down, Grim," you laughed.

"Man," Ace sighed, dejected,"I can't believe I didn't make the team after all that,"

Deuce let out a sad hum. "Me too,,"

"Cheer up, boys," Helia smiled sympathetically,"There's always next year, right?"

"Exactly," You pat their heads,"So down feel too downtrodden,"

"Well, you're right," A determined expression crossed Deuce's face,"We have an important job to do anyway. We should focus on that,"

"Yeah, good point," Ace nodded,"Focused. That's us,"

"Whoa, what's a corndog?!" Grim hopped off Helia's head, practically salivating,"I wanna try one! Come to papa, wherever ya are!"

Before Grim could wander too far, you and Ace both took hold of a paw, dragging the monster in the opposite direction.

"We'll get you some later!" You promised.

"Yeah. We'll eat later! We need to go!" Ace scolded.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"The players should reach the coliseum soon," Leona noted.

"Everything's set," Ruggie stated,"We're ready to go whenever,"

"Last year's champion will be in first - that's Diasomnia," Leona let out a malicious chuckle, a gleam in his eyes,"Hah! My heart's pumpin' now!"

"Then let's get going!"

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

The PA system jolted to life, a short wave of static filling the air before someone cleared their throat, garnering the attention of the guests around the coliseum.

"Welcome one and all, to Night Raven College interdorm Magical Shift Tournament! Thank you for your patience! The players will be entering the coliseum momentarily!" The voice from the PA boomed across the area.

The crowd erupted in cheers and screams of excitement.

"First up, will be last year's champion. But can lightning really strike thrice? Give it up for the Reigning Light... Diiiiaaaasooomniiaaaa!!!" The PA voice yelled out.