🪸 Vignette 🪸 : 🪸 Lunchtime with Azul Ashengrotto 🪸

🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸

🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸☆🪸

You hummed a tune under your breath, flipping the page of your astronomy book. You read through the page before you began jotting down notes in your notebook, muttering under your breath.

A week had passed since Azul's overblot, and you had only fully recovered from your cold two days prior. Hence, you took the opportunity to spend time in the library whilst you did your research, and Helia urged you to do so.

"Wishing Stars.." You muttered, tracing the image with your fingertips.

"Found you, Little Sea Star♡~" a voice whispered in your ear.

You stiffened as a pair of arms wrapped around your shoulders and turned to see Floyd. The boy grinned at you.

"Oh, Floyd, it's you," you whispered.

He pouted a bit. "Why do you sound so disappointed? Are you not happy to see me, Little Sea Star? 'Cause I'm very happy to see you,"

"Not at all. You just took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting anyone," you explained.

"Good afternoon, Lana,"

You turned your head a bit to see Jade standing a bit behind Floyd, a smile on his lips.

You returned the gesture. "Good afternoon,"

"You appear to look much better," he noted.

You hummed. "Yep. I feel much, much better,"

"That's good to hear-"

"Because we're here to kidnap you!"

You snapped your head to Floyd. "I beg your pardon?"

"Aww, look at that face," he pinched your cheek,"Such a cute expression, Little Sea Star. Your eyes get really wide when you're nervous, ya know that?"

"Floyd, don't scare her like that," Jade chuckled a bit.

"Azul wanted to invite you to the Mostro Lounge for lunch," he clarified.

"Oh, how is he?" You softly inquired.

Jade barely smiled. "I want to tell you he's well, but.."

"Azul's barely spoken about the incident. He was told to take it easy with his magic and only use it in necessary classes, but because of that, he's thrown himself deeper into his work," Floyd added.

"When we try to bring it up, he changes the subject,"

You looked between the two.

"..."

"Well," you brought a gloved hand up and began threading your fingers slowly through Floyd's hair.

"He needs more time to process; the things he said, the things he did, the result of both—no doubt he's ashamed he allowed himself to succumb and be controlled by them," you softly explained.