Book 2, Part 020 : The Usurper From The Wilds

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Deuce knocked on the large dark wood doors that lead to the Headmage's office.

"Headmage," he cracked the door open a bit,"May we come in?"

Ace poked his head in. "How's it going, sir?"

You all entered the office, Helia shutting the doors behind you all.

You looked around Headmage Crowley's office. It had a totally different feel to Headmistress Faragonda's office but it wasn't unfamiliar to you. Headmistress Griffin's office was far darker and gloomier than this.

A long, royal purple carpet with gold trimming stretched from the door of the office to the end of the room, where a desk of dark oak wood stood, papers and books strone across its surface along with two identical gold candelabras with dark magenta flames on either side of the desk. The lower part of the walls were painted a mute lilac with thin lines of dark green, the upper part exposed stone bricks.

The drapes were all royal purple with gold trimming and gold curtain holders, two of the curtains having dark green star and moon decorations. Floating all around, near the back of the room, were seven portraits of the Great Seven with golden frames.

Crowley stood up from his desk. "Thank you all for coming. Now, I wouldn't want to keep you all here for too long, so I'll get straight to the point,"

He walked around the desk, leaning up against the front.

"Now that the Heartslabyul incident is behind us, I feel it only necessary that I give you all a proper debriefing about the matter," he looked at Ace, Deuce and Grim,"If you all are to become mages, you need to understand the malady that befell Mister Rosehearts,"

"You called it 'overblot', right?" Deuce recalled.

Crowley nodded. "Yes, that is correct,"

"My brother told me about that. He said that could happen to anyone who builds up too much blot," Ace remembered.

"It sounds like Cater was right on the nose about 'berserker mode' then," Helia muttered.

"Yeah, but what is 'blot' anyway?" Grim wondered aloud.

"For your sake, aswell as the Prefects, I see it necessary that we start from the very beginning. I shall teach you all you need to know about it," he smiled,"Charity, thy name is Dire Crowley,"

You and Helia shared a look, breaking eye contact when Headmage Crowley cleared his throat, all your attention on him.

"Now then, 'blot' is a form of waste that is created as a byproduct of using magic. Just as cars run on gasoline, and in the process, expel dangerous gases as exhaust," Crowley explained,"Casting spells consumes magical energy, and in the process, expels magical waste known as 'blot',"