Book 3, Part 038 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Ruggie laughed. "Managed to swipe 'em without a hitch, huh?"

Leona shook his head a bit, smirking. "Y'know, your compulsive pickpocketing never ceases to amaze me,"

"Hey, if you wanna keep somethin' safe, you gotta keep your pockets secure too." Ruggie looked at the pile of contracts,"I'm still not over how many contract scrolls there are. I count around five to six hundred,"

Leona eyed the scrolls. "Hmph. He's probably been trapping people in contracts and stockpiling them since long before he enrolled. Now that we've got the contract outside the VIP room, that just leaves one thing to do.."

He raised a gloved hand, a burst of golden magic slowly forming. "I am the one who hungers, I am the one who thirsts, I am the one to rob you of your future-"

"Hold it!"

The two turned to see Azul, the boy standing nearly six feet away from them, eyes wandering between them and the pile of contracts at their feet.

The lion smirked. "Whoops. That was quick. Don't come any closer, or the contracts are toast."

"G-give them back.. give them back now, if you please!" Azul pleaded, desperation in his eyes and tone.

"Hey now, at least try to sound composed. Have you decided to drop the cool act all together?" Leona eyed him near tauntingly,"Judging by the way you're reacting, they were right on the money,"

Azul's brows furrowed in confusion. "Wait, what?"

𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎

Leona looked between you and Helia. "So, what you're sayin' is that the contracts could be unbreakable when they're stored in the vault?"

"Huh? 'Scuse me? What? How would that work?" Grim wondered aloud, confused.

Ruggie's eyes lit up as he snapped his fingers. "Ooh, now that you mention it, yeah! Something doesn't quite add up, right?"

He turned to you. "If Azul and his boys are right, and the contracts are totally unbreakable and jolt anyone who touches them.. why would they need to keep 'em locked up tight in a vault at all? They could just leave 'em layin' around anywhere, like Leona does with his wallet,"

Grim's eyes lit up as well, looking up at Helia. "Oh! Now that you mention the vault; remember how freaked out he got when the vault got dinged up a little bit?"

"No..the door's damaged! The dial and the hinges aren't shot, are they?!" Azul let out a sigh of relief,"Phew. Okay, good."

He snapped his head to Floyd, glaring. "How many times have I told you not to use your Unique Magic so carelessly?! What will it take to get it through your head?!"