Book 2, Part 019 : The Usurper From The Wilds

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Well I talked to the Headmage, and he gave us full permission to clear up the back and front gardens and plant whatever we want aswell," Helia spoke, walking into the kitchen with an array of gardening supplies.

"And you're sure you don't want me to help you de-weed?" You questioned, watching as he pulled his hair up into a perfect bun.

"I'm alright. Grim's helping me,"

The monster looked up from the sofa. "What?"

"Yeah,"

"I didn't agree to that! I wasn't even aware you were gonna clean it up," Grim crossed his arms over his chest,"In my opinion, the garden looks okay as it is,"

"Oh, no no no, Grim," Helia tutted, picking him up,"The garden is an atrocity, and as a citizen of Linphea, I can't stand to see what I know was such a beautiful garden in utter shambles,"

"Well, since you're doing that," you closed your book, slipping a spare page to mark,"I'll prepare supper this evening,"

"Why can't I stay with you then? Working around food is way better than working in a dried up field," Grim huffed.

You smiled. "You're more than welcome to help me, Grim,"

"..."

"..."

"...no.. I think I need fresh air and I hate the smell of freshly chopped onions anyway," he jumped out of Helia's arms,"Come on henchman,"

Helia placed a broad sunhat on his head. "Well, nature calls,"

☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎

You shivered, covering your ears as a gust of wind blew pass.

Wind? Did I leave the window open? You thought, slowly blinking your eyes open.

The window certainly wasn't open - you weren't even in your room.

You were standing in a large gathering of sorts, animals ranging from elephants to giraffes to birds all around you, facing a large cliff high up. From the angle you were standing, you saw the side view of the large stone cliff.

Thanks to your heightened eyesight, you saw a large lion with a mane of copper brown slowly walk up if, a mandrill a few feet ahead of him. Another gust of wind blew past, the flapping of wings following - a blue bird with a orange beak had flown pass you, up to the lion and mandrill. Except the lion was not alone - beside him stood a lioness.