Book 3, Part 028 : The Merchant From The Depths

𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎

𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎

Your nose twitched, the smell of salt invading your senses. Your eyes fluttered open and immediately widened. You sat up, looking around as you realized you were on a rock in the ocean.

A bright flash of light alerted your gaze to the black sky.

What an intense storm.. you thought, shielding your eyes.

"Hurricane a'comin'! Stand fast! Secure the higgin!"

Your ear twitched, turning to see a boat bobbing wildly further into the ocean.

A girl with red hair bobbed out of the water a few meters away, pulling an unconscious man with black hair towards the shore. Your eyes took note of something behind the girl - a green tail.

Your eyes widened. A mermaid..

The scene changed and you found yourself further on the shoreline, away from the mermaid and young man.

"Look! He's breathing!" The girl exclaimed.

You watched as the girl looked around, her eyes widening at an approaching figure. She quickly swam back into the ocean and hid behind the rock you had previously woken up on.

"Eric!" The man exclaimed, quickly assisting the man now known as 'Eric'.

They both slowly made their way back to the palace.

"A girl... rescued me.." Eric mumbled.

"She had.. the most beautiful voice.." he whispered shortly after before they disappeared.

"Oh, how my heart pounds!"

You turned around to see the beautiful mermaid perched on the rock, her bright red hair swaying in the wind.

"Yes, I know it!" The mermaid grinned,"The day will soon come..."

"...part of your world!" She sang, her voice like a choir of soft bells as the water splashed behind her.

You smiled before your attention drifted to something in the water near the princess.

Two moray eels poked out of the water, grinning wickedly as they chuckled.

Slowly, everything faded to black, the splashing of waves and the scent of the salty air disappearing aswell.

𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎

You opened your eyes, blinking slowly as the morning sunrays flooded into your room.

The ocean.. why would I dream about something like that.. you thought.