Book 3, Part 037 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You held Helia and Jack's hands in death grips, your eyes screwed shut as you held your breath, the two practically dragging you through the ocean.

"Don't let go, please,,,," You gasped out.

"Lana, maybe you should head back," Jack whispered, rubbing your hand.

You shook your head. "No, no. You'll need me. I-i have to.."

"It's closed?!" Deuce, Ace and Grim yelled.

"Are you kidding? What awful time," Jack mumbled.

"Is that why the Leech brothers haven't harassed us at all today? Because they knew?" Deuce wondered aloud.

"I dunno about that," Ace muttered.

Jack frowned. "Are we really turning tail and going back empty-handed after coming all this way?"

"Hold up! I've got an idea,"

"Mragh! Guess I shouldn't be surprised that merfolk society would have merfolk bodyguards," Grim said.

"I mean, duh?" Deuce drawled.

"Okay. I'm gonna distract the guard." Ace began swimming away,"In the meantime, you guys sneak in behind him and borrow the photo."

Jack eyed him skeptically. "Are you sure you can handle this by yourself?"

Ace turned to them. "You're honest to a fault, and Deuce would give himself away in minutes. Lana looks like she's seconds away from passing out, and she's sweating underwater, something that shouldn't be possible."

He grinned proudly, turning back around. "Don't worry. I got this."

"Awww, maan! For realsies?!" You heard the ginger exclaim.

Your ear twitched, your hand shaking a bit as you peeked between your fingers, immediately focusing on him and not your surroundings.

"Hm? Is something the matter?" The older merman questioned.

"Is the museum really closed today?" Ace feigned disappointment, his shoulders sagging,"I can't believe this. I was super pumped for a visit.."

The older merman eyed Ace's legs. "Why, that's an odd tailfin you've got. Are you a land-dweller? Did you come all the way here by yourself?"

Ace hummed. "Yes, sir! I've always admired merfolk society, ever since I was a kid. I scrimped and saved, got myself a magic potion, and now I've finally made it here!"

He grinned, his eyes sparkling in admiration and excitement. "Duuuddee, a real life merman! This is so cool! Can I touch your fin? Can I have your autograph?!"

"U-um, sure. Would you like to see my dorsal fin too?"

You deadpanned. "I knew he was the youngest sibling, but this just seals the deal,"