Book 5, Part 063 : A Beautiful Tyrant

❦︎ ❦︎ ❦︎ ❦︎

You felt an involuntary shiver run down your spine.

Slowly, you opened your eyes and quickly sat up. Relief coursed through you as you were still in your room.

"No weird dreams.." You muttered.

You looked around the dark room, your eyes dancing over the window before you made a noise of confusion.

"Why's it still dark out?"

Quietly, you slipped out of the covers and padded your way towards the window. Sure enough, the sky was still dark, and the moon still cast her beautiful glow across the surrounding landscape.

Despite the peaceful atmosphere, another chill went down your spine, every hair on the nape of your neck standing on end.

Then, your ears twitched at a distant fluttering sound-a somewhat familiar sound.

Before you could pinpoint where it was resonating from, a small figure fluttered up the window. You recoiled in surprise and nearly yelped in alarm had you not clasped your hand over your mouth. It was then that you noticed a trail of small blue and silver iridescent sparkles.

Your brows furrowed.

There's only one creature who leaves behind a trail of sparkles, you thought.

You gasped. "A pixie?!"

Without a second thought, you pressed your face up against the glass, hands encased around your eyes as they darted all over in search of the pixie.

Your eyes landed on a small branch on a tall tree, where you barely made out the shape of the pixie. From this angle, you couldn't determine whether it was a girl or a boy. All you could make out was the vague shape of it's wings; two crescent-shaped wings.

You froze. Wait, how could a pixie have ended up here? Unless...

Your heart leaped into your throat. You grabbed your cardigan and threw it on before you opened the door and quietly ascended to the first floor. You reached the front door and unlocked the locks. When you slowly opened the door, the cool evening air kissed your face.

Your eyes scanned the landscape, and they landed on the tree, where you could see the pixie was still seated on the branch with it's back facing you.