Chapter 1: "you're not a 9th grader?"

•Luella's Point Of View•

School, school was supposed to suck right? I mean it should be the place every teenager hates from the bottom of their heart.

I never thought I'd actually like school, let me rephrase that.

I never thought I'd actually like leaving my house to go to school, until my step father jumped in my life in the matter of seconds.

"Get up" i hear my mom's soft voice as she shakes me on a Monday morning.

"morning" the sun rays hit my face right after she opens the curtains to make sure i wake up.

my mom hates waking me up, i mean, I'm not that of a heavy sleeper...well, maybe just a little.

"have fun Nelly!" I smile at my little sister as she runs in her elementary school.

A sigh leaves my lips as i drive away from her school, i need coffee.

"Morning" i mumble sitting down behind the counter.

"you don't seem very happy this morning" a frown rests on Ben's face his soft brown curls looking good today.

I've known Ben since kindergarten and we've been best friends since then, his dad owns this lovely coffee shop on the beach and I've been going here for my whole life, the whole city loves it.

"you seem very happy this morning" i frown and he shrugs, "I'm just a happy person Lulu"

This stupid nickname-

"Ben-" "Lu" "you can rest from school" "stop thinking no college will accept you" "they'll love you"

Ben pours the coffee in a huge mug and hands it to me, "the more i study and get good grades" "the higher the chances of me getting accepted in different colleges" i shrug sipping my coffee.

"Plus it's Monday, you expect me to be jumping around?"

I'm right, right? I mean I don't care that I've been putting a lot of pressure on me, i just need to leave to college, away from everything, away from my step da-

"oh look, this dude and his family moved in" "heard he has a kid going to our school today" Ben nods his head at a guy sitting on a table alone with a newspaper in his hand.

He doesn't look happy, but he looks full of money, what if he got a divorce? Oh wait i have a good one, he didn't have coffee.

****

"Morning mr puck" i smile at the old man in the small bakery shop, "can i get a blueberry muffin?"

"There you go" "it's on me sweet girl" he smiles giving me a small bag.

I love him

"come on, Ben" i groan at the boy infront of me, "can i skip today?"

It's only the second week of school-

"no come on" i sigh turning around making my way inside of the building of Wilmington high school.

I close my locker after taking out my English book, i flinch when i see the tall figure standing right infront of me making a strand of my curly hair fall on my face.

"homework" Damian folds his arms his blonde hair dropping on his forehead.

Oh god, kill me now

"Uh, i-i" "i f-forgot" i whisper holding my English book tightly to my chest.

Damian chuckles before his smile drops, "you forgot to do my homework?"