Chapter 45: "Girlfriend"

•Luella's Point Of View•

"Papa, grandma, this is Luella, my girlfriend" Lewis puts his hand behind my back and kisses my forehead.

God ew.

Lewis gave me a talk about how we should at least show that we had a bit of feelings for eachother.

I put on a forced smile before his grandma attacks me with a hug.

"Hello Luella!" She grins happily and I chuckle, "hi grandma, it's so good to finally see you!"

"I'm Luella" I put my hand out for his grandpa to shake, he stares at my hand and grins.

"I'm finally" he takes a deep breath, "I'm finally meeting you" he pulls me in a hug and I quickly hug back "I'm Elyas"

They're so sweet.

He looks really tired, it's heartbreaking.

"I made some food, I figured you two would be hungry, especially that elephant" she points at Lewis as she takes me to the kitchen while Lewis talks to his grandpa.

I helped grandma with the plates and moved the food to the big table across the living room.

Their house is huge.

"Food is ready" I tell the two men, Lewis stares at my legs before nodding.

"That's really good, thank you so much" I say after taking a bite of the amazing food infront of me.

"So, when are you two getting married? And consuming babies-"

I choked on my potato.

Lewis quickly jumped from his seat and slapped my back so hard, this bitch.

"Here" he gave me my water and I glared at him after taking deep breaths.

"I'm so sorry, that must be a sensitive topic!" His grandpa chuckled shaking his head.

———-

The rest of the night, we continued discussing stuff about Lewis's company, where I'm staying, what I'm working.

Which was nothing

"You know Luella, I'm glad I met you" Papa smiles and takes a deep breath before coughing.

"I should get to bed" he waved his hand off at his wife's concerned face.

"Let me help you" Lewis walked him upstairs, I stayed with grandma.

"How is it with Lewis? Is he doing good? Happy?" She asks and I can tell she's worried.

"He's doing good" I lied, I know nothing about him, I only know the old Lewis who breathed football, loved his truck more than anything, and was the sweetest soul.

I don't know about this Lewis.

Lewis soon comes back and gives my cheek a kiss, "you sleepy?" He asks and I can tell he wants me to say yes.

"No" I shake my head, he stares at me for a hot second and sucks his teeth.

"You had so much water baby" "Grandma, Luella can't control her bladder and sometimes pisses herself without knowing-"

I gasp, "oh dear, I'm sorry that happens to you, remember your dad's uncle finn? Oh he had the same condition, must be hard on you honey"

Lewis bit his bottom lip to stop himself from smiling, I balled up my fists and sighed.

"Lewis sometimes misses and urinates on the floor" I whisper shaking my head with a pouty face.

"I do not! Grandma she's lying, let's go home" he grabbed my hand pushing me up.