Chapter 19: "where's my journal?"

•Luella's Point Of View•

It's been 2 weeks since Christmas, I went back to school which was the worst part, everyone kept staring at me and whispering about how I was abused by my ex step father.

It was hard but I ignored them, Lewis, Ben, Keith and Hazel helped me too.

I finally met Vena, the girl that Ben won't stop talking about, she has beautiful long curly red hair, freckles, and light blue eyes.

She's really gorgeous, me, her and Hazel went out to the mall and we've gotten closer since then.

Her and Ben are perfect for eachother, she's basically his mother, and it's hilarious to watch.

I have been reading Lewis's journal secretly, I feel so guilty but I can't stop, it's so bad.

"Hey uh have you seen my book?" Lewis walks down the stairs and all our heads turn to him.

"What book?" Ben asks eating chips with Vena laying on his chest, Hazel doing Keith's nails.

"My journal-"

"You have a journal?!" Ben asks excitedly making my heart drop, i forgot where I put it

Shit shit shit

"It might be in your bedroom?" I avoid Lewis's eyes and stare at the organized cleaned kitchen that was done by Lewis this morning.

"Ella" Lewis takes a step forward, "where's my journal?"

I gulp and stare at his shoes trying not to look at him.

"How's Lulu going to know-"

"Shut the fuck up Ben" Lewis holds his pointer finger up at Ben, "where's my journal Ella?"

I don't answer and play with the ends of my shirt, a nervous smile across my lips, I'm so dumb

"Okay, have you been reading it?" I hear his voice get angrier making my stomach drop.

I lift my head up and finally meet his eyes, his jaw tightens after I nod and next thing I saw, was not Lewis.

It was someone else

The other side of Lewis

"Where the fuck is my journal?!" Lewis shouts loudly making me flinch and take a step back.

"You've been reading my journal!" He starts throwing stuff on the kitchen floor breaking it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He yells throwing plates, chairs, everything he saw infront of him, he broke it.

He trashed his kitchen.

The well organized clean Lewis, trashed his own kitchen.

Because of me

My eyes start to water, Keith and Ben jump from their seats and try to hold Lewis's arms but he pushes both of them down to the floor.

"My fucking journal! Mine!" Lewis tugs on his hair his eyes red, he was about to take a step forward but I quickly flinch and cover my face.

"G-Get out" he whispers looking at all of us, "get the fuck out of my house!!"

"Lewis, I'm sorry" I whisper about to hold his hand, "get the fuck out!"

I gulp and grab my jacket and phone before quickly rushing out with everyone.

"What the fuck was that" Ben whispers staring at us as we hear more glass breaking inside the house "Lu, what journal?"

I don't answer, I break down crying before quickly walking away from the house, away from everyone.

I'm such an idiot.