Chapter 41: "Grandpa"

•Luella's Point Of View•

I gasp loudly jumping out of my sleep, my body was sweating and shaking.

"What-what happened" Lewis whispers turning on the lamp next to him with a confused sleepy look on his face.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I couldn't, all I did was try to catch my breath and stop shaking.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He sits up grabbing a water bottle for me opening it.

I quickly took it and started taking large sips, Lewis went on his breakfast date with Imani, me and the girls did some shopping, we swam a lot that I went to bed at 6pm.

And now it's 4 in the morning.

"T-Thank you" I whisper giving him the bottle back, "do you need something else?" He asks.

I shake my head and hold the blanket tightly my body still shaking in terror.

"Okay, night" he mumbles turning around his back facing me "n-night" I whisper gulping down the lump in my throat.

———-

I didn't fall back to sleep, I couldn't.

"Morning auntie Lulu!" Josy screams on top of her lungs making me hold my ears for a good 10 seconds.

"I'm up!" Ben yells coming out of his room, "morning" I give him a smile as we walk downstairs.

"How are you Lu?" He asks putting his arm over my shoulder.

"Great" I answer, "how about you?"

"I'm excited" he grins, "Ronan is coming today, and it's going to be heated!"

My stomach flips at the mention of the stupid name, I nod and walk to the kitchen feeling knives getting shoved in my skin.

Lewis comes downstairs, wearing a shirt that's tight around his biceps, with blue jeans and white shoes.

He doesn't say a word and grabs his phone calling someone.

"Pa? How's grandpa?" He quickly asks with concern, "I know I'll visit as soon as I can"

"Pa you know I can't fucking make that happen, tell him that-" Lewis started talking in Arabic which I don't understand, at all.

Was his grandpa okay?

"Is your grandpa okay?" I ask as soon as he hangs up and drops the phone on the table.

"No" he answers dryly grabbing vodka taking a large sip, "easy boy, you can't get drunk now, and on an empty stomach?" Ben takes the bottle away.

"Fuck off Ben" he mumbles rushing his fingers through his hair.

"Is Ronan-" Ben couldn't continue his question since the plate I was holding fell and came in contact with the floor breaking it into pieces.

"I'm sorry" I whisper my heart banging in my chest.

"It's okay Lulu, I'll help" Ben gives me a smile grabbing the large pieces and sweeping the small ones while Lewis stares at me carefully.