Chapter 8: "I eat for 5"

•Luella's Point Of View•

Lewis's mom died

I stop my car besides a sidewalk and quickly turn myself to Lewis.

"Lewis what, I-I'm so sorry i-i didn't know, w-when uhm how, a-are you okay?"

Of course he's not okay, his mother died, what kind of idiot am i?

"It's fine, I was pissed, but I still had no right to talk to you that way, Ella, I'm really sorry" I don't know why my eyes got watery all the sudden and a tear rolled down my cheek.

He lost his mom

"Can I hug you?" I whisper and he nods as a tear falls down from his eye.

I quickly wrap my arms around his big body and pull him in a warm hug, he probably needs it

"I'm so sorry, Lewis, I really didn't know, uhm
h-how are you holding u-up?" I was stuttering so much i wanted to bang my head on the glass window.

"It fucking sucks, I can't believe it, I-I miss her so damn much" Lewis lets out a sob in the crook of my neck making my heart clench.

He's crying

"So I'm assuming you were in Tennessee?" I whisper and he nods in my neck.

"How's Marline?"

Lewis lets out another sob, "she doesn't understand that s-she's gone.....she thinks she's coming back
s-soon"

"I'm so sorry" another tear rolls down my cheek and Lewis pulls away from the hug.

His eyes are red and puffy, his cheeks are red, I've never confronted people, especially a boy my age

Not even Ben

"I'm sorry I made you cry" Lewis puts his fingers on my cheeks and wipes my tears away.

That's so nice of him

"do you want to grab something to eat or drink? Just to get your mind off?" I change the subject.

"yeah, t-thank you uhm, for the h-hug, I needed that" Lewis clears his throat and wipes his tears.

"No don't thank me, that's what friends do" i give him a smile and he chuckles shaking his head.

—————-

"And what can I get you sir" the lady behind the counter taps on a screen after taking my order which was a burger and fries with soda.

Lewis shifts uncomfortably, i grab his arm and squeeze it "do you want the same as me?"

He nods "triple it" I smile, "and 3 of the same order, please"

"It's really good" I close my eyes as i chew on the bite i took from the burger.

Lewis smiles at me, "yeah, it's good"

"I wanted to apologize about the night I left you in the hospital" Lewis clears his throat, "m-my mo-"

"It's okay" I give him a smile, "I should thank you for getting me in the hospital immediately"

"no don't tha-"

A tall guy with tanned skin and dark hair, brown eyes stops at our table in the restaurant

"Ryan?" Lewis quickly stands up and grabs the guy's arm taking him outside leaving me alone.

Who's Ryan?

I watch the two tall boys arguing outside the restaurant, who could Ryan be?