Chapter 37: "why did you do it?"

•Luella's Point Of View•

"Can I talk to you?" Lewis walks in the bedroom after minutes.

I'm so embarrassed

"Did he do something to you? That twig?"

I shake my head and pull the covers over my burning body.

"He talked about uhm" I whisper, "J-Jason"

He clenches his jaw before nodding his head sucking his teeth, with his hands on his hips.

The windows gets hit with heavy rain drops making me look up and stare at it.

My whole body flinches once I hear thunder outside.

"C-Can you give me my bag? And a water bottle?"

"Please?" Lewis looks at me and squeezes the bridge of his nose before nodding again and walking to my bag.

He picks it up and grabs a water bottle from the cabinet before walking to me.

"Why do you want the bag?"

"Nothing" I mumble opening it, I open my pill bottle inside the bag and quickly put it in my mouth and gulping water after it.

Lewis noticed.

I thought I was good at hiding it.

He scratches his neck about to walk out the door, "wait-"

He turns around, "can you stay?"

He hesitates before answering "okay"

Walking back to the bed, he takes his shoes off and sits down next to me.

———

10 minutes pass by of us sitting in silence, Lewis clears his throat.

"Why did you do it?" He whispers.

My head turns to him, "do what?"

"Break up with me, break my damn heart, make my whole life miserable" "why?" His eyes flash with something mixed with anger and sadness making my heart clench.

"I don't understand why you fucking did that"

"Lewis, it was 4 years ago, I don't want to talk about it-"

"No I want a reason why you left me in fucking hell for being busy in my damn uni shit!" Lewis was now standing next to the bed his nostrils flaring.

My eyes water at the mention of that night, I can't tell him why.

"Tell me El-" Lewis takes a deep breath and squints his eyes making me stare at my fingers.

Ella

"Tell me fucking why!-"

"No! Stop it!" I let out a loud sob and the door opens revealing Ben.

"Why the fuck are you yelling at her?!" Ben glares at Lewis.

"Ben fuck off and close the door" Lewis's fists clench.

"No the fuck" "you get the fuck out, you clearly need to get some air"

Lewis grabs Ben's collar before slamming him to the wall "shut the fuck up and don't get in this"

I gasp loudly and quickly get up, Vena rushes inside hearing the loud thud.

Ben groans holding his back, Vena quickly holds his cheeks with concern.

"What is wrong with you! Leave now!" Vena yells holding Ben to her chest.