Chapter 13: "you're safe now"

•Lewis's Point Of View•

I drop my phone out of my hand and rush out of my truck.

My heart beats fast, my stomach drops, Luella is hurting.

I try to open their front door but it's locked, I start pushing it with my shoulder before it breaks open.

I sprint inside and find Jason sitting in the corner of the living room holding a vodka with blood on his white shirt and hands.

I grab him by his collar and punch the fuck out of him, I punch until he doesn't fight back.

"Ella!" I yell running up the stairs to her room, please god

I swing the door open to see Ella laying on the floor with blood covering her naked stomach.

"No no!" I whisper putting my hands under her knees and her back holding her up in my arms.

"Fuck Ella! Open your eyes!" I yell running downstairs to my truck.

"Ella answer me!" My heart drops as I drive fast to the hospital.

"Please please" I whisper as my eyes water looking at her head resting on the window, her eyes closed, her body weak.

"Ella please!" I yell loudly as tears rush down my cheeks.

"Help!" I shout holding her in my arms rushing inside the hospital.

Doctors and nurses run my way taking her from my arms, "she's not breathing" I whisper.

My whole body felt weak, my eyes couldn't stop dropping tears.

How could he? How could he do this to her? Ella, my Ella, my sweet girl, she's nothing but a loving girl, please god

"Sir, we need to inform her parents, she just got in surgery, she has lost a lot of blood, we don't know if she'll ma-"

"She'll fucking make it! Don't fucking say this shit to me! She didn't do anything, she didn't fucking do anything!" Anger rushes through my body and the nurse quickly steps away.

"I'm sorry sir" she whispers, "we just need to inform her p-parents-"

I open my phone and call Ben, "I need Luella's mother's number, now"

Ben sends the number to me, I call her within seconds.

"Hello, who's-"

"He tried to kill her, come to the hospital"

——-

Miss Adams kept crying infront of the door leading to the surgery rooms, I explained to her, she called the police right away then they arrested Jason immediately.

"She never told me" she cries holding her face, "I never even noticed"

"He told me everyday that he l-loves Lu a-and Nelly"

"How could he"

"Lewis" I hear a deep voice making me quickly stand up "Pa"

"What happened?" He grabs my arm and takes me down the hallway.

"I was going on a d-date" I whisper and I see him frown deeply.

"S-She was uhm, beat up, by her step dad" he glances down at my bloody hands.

"Is she okay?" He takes me to the bathroom and starts washing my hands.

"She lost a lot of blood" "I tried Pa I tried-" My voice breaks and he quickly pulls me to his chest.

"She will be okay, don't worry" he whispers rubbing my back.

———-

•Luella's Point Of View•