Chapter 34: "are you fucking breaking up with me?"

•Luella's Point Of View•

I sit on my bed while Lewis scrolls through tiktok on my phone since his was dead.

"Lu! Come help me with the dishes!" Mom calls for me and I sigh leaving downstairs.

"Honey, I wanna tell you something" mom puts her hand on my back while I do the dishes.

"Yeah?" I stop and turn to her, she smiles and pulls her hand out of her hoodie pocket.

"Me and your dad got engaged" she blushes showing me her ring, I raise my eyebrows, "really? You wanna get married?"

Mom had me and Nelly while dating my dad, they never got engaged.

"Yes" she nods excitedly and I pull her in a hug seeing how happy she has gotten since my dad started staying over.

"I'm happy for you" I whisper and give her a kiss on her cheek.

————-

I walk upstairs after helping my mom in the kitchen, after opening the door, i see Lewis sitting on the edge of my bed holding my phone in his hands.

"Oh my god! You won't believe it!" I grin and quickly walk to him but stop when I see the look on his face.

"W-What?" I frown and he holds up my phone for me to see what's on the screen.

Oh shit

The email

"You applied to Tennessee, without telling me?" Lewis frowns and closes my phone putting it on my nightstand.

"Why were you going through my emails?" I fold my arms trying to avoid talking about the topic.

"I wasn't, the thing sent a notification reminding you to open it" he folds his arms.

"Now that's not our subject, why didn't you tell me? Luella" "I didn't know you wanted to go there"

"If you told me, I would've helped you, my dad can talk to the owner of the uni-"

"No Lewis" I shake my head, "I-I, uhm, I just didn't want you far away from me, I wanted to be with you" "I just wanted to see if they'll accept me or not"

"And thank you, I don't need anyone's help, I wanna go to Wilmington's" I nod and he shakes his head.

"You can come with me Luella" "I want this shit to work, please" Lewis sighs.

"It will work, as you said, you'll visit everytime you have the chance to, and I'll try to visit too" I caress his cheek and he leans his head further in my hand.

"I'm going to miss you" he whispers pulling me to his lap.

"I'm going to miss you too" I rub my nose on his before he pecks my lips.

"What did you want to tell me?"

"Oh, my parents got engaged" I chuckle and his eyes widen, "really?"

————

"I'm gonna miss you so fucking much, my love" Lewis's tears fall down his cheeks as we hug in the middle of the airport.

I look to my side and see Ben sobbing in Vena's neck, I'm going to miss him so damn much.

"Call and text me after you land in Tennessee, okay?" I whisper kissing Lewis's lips while my eyes water all over again.

"Of course I will" he whispers putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

I step back and let Lewis say goodbye to his family, Marline clings to his leg crying her eyes out wanting to go with him.

This is so sad

But we're making it work

Hopefully

—————

"Yes we did speak to them, they agreed and put all three of us in the same dorm" I grin sitting in my room in the dorm that I share with Hazel and Vena.

"That's amazing" Lewis smiles laying on his bed, "Ella, I forgot to rearrange your guts before I left-"

"Lewis!" I squeal and he laughs, "I was busy packing your stuff" I glare at him and he frowns, "shut up, I packed my stuff"

"You packed two boxers and a hoodie" "that's it" I shake my head and he chuckles.

"I miss you baby"

"I miss you too" I sigh staring at my fingers, "I have to go, I'm going out with Ben, I'll text you, okay?"

I nod and sigh again, "bye love"

————

It's Christmas break, uni is fun most the time, but also really difficult, it's going great though, I'm really excited to show my room to Lewis once he visits this week.

Lewis❤️
Can we talk?
Over text
I'm at my grandma's

Ella❤️
Yeah sure
What's up?

Lewis❤️
I can't visit this break
I'm sorry Ella
I have a football game this week and for the next two weeks
I tried to cancel
But it's for uni

Ella❤️
Oh
Uhm
But Lewis
I haven't seen you since summer
I miss u
A lot

Lewis❤️
I miss you too baby
I know i know
I really tried talking to coach
He's so fucking stubborn

Ella❤️
what about Ben? Is he visiting?

Lewis❤️
No we need him in the game too

Ella❤️
Okay

Lewis❤️
Please Ella
Don't be upset

Ella❤️
Upset?
We agreed about you visiting in October
You said you have games and extra classes so you couldn't come
You promised to come on Christmas
Lewis
You said we're going to make this work
We don't ft anymore
You're always out with your friends
And I'm happy that you're going out
I really am
But not to the point that you don't talk to me for a straight week
I can't do this Lewis

Lewis❤️
Luella
Are you fucking breaking up with me???
Over fucking text???
Fucking answer me

Luella
If you don't fucking answer right tf now I'm going to blow the fuck up
Answer

For god's sake where are you

———

Is this where our relationship really ends?

I tried so hard

I think this is where it ends

But he'll always be my first ever love

OMFG
I know you all hate me now, but don't worry!!! Stay tuned for more juicy chapters!!!
-A

word count:999