Chapter 23: "Lewis is sick"

•Luella's Point Of View•

"My beautiful baby" my mom whispers stroking my hair.

"Do you want some soup your dad made? How about that? Hmm?" She whispers gently rubbing my arm, the side of my face pressed on her chest.

I nod, "Nicolas, Lu wants soup" mom calls my dad who was on a call with Lewis's dad.

They decided to never let Lewis near me, or talk to me, they ended everything

Without my opinion on it

"Here you go, love" dad smiles, "no one will hurt you again, I handled everything"

"No you didn't" I whisper my voice breaking, "he didn't do anything! He-he didn't! It's n-not his fault" I panic, hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

"You'll be better without him, calm down" they both rub my arms as I try to catch my breath.

"Come on, have your soup"

———-

I couldn't call or text him, my phone was taken away from me, they want me to take a break from it.

But they're not helping

I sit on my bed staring at the wall that had my pictures with Lewis glued on them, but they were ripped the second I came home from the hospital

Not from me, my mom did it

"Lu, look who came to see you" my mom gives me a smile and I see Vena and Hazel standing behind her.

My lip quivers before I break down crying, Vena and Hazel rush to my side with worried looks.

"I'll leave" mom closes the door leaving me with my best friends.

"Lu, we're so sorry" Hazel whispers bringing me in a hug with Vena too.

"Did he c-come to school today?" I whisper and they both look down.

"No he didn't, Keith told us he was badly beaten by his father, he couldn't even stand up" Hazel whispers making my heart clench.

Lewis is hurt

"I want to talk to him, please"

"His phone was taken away too" Vena sighs pushing my curls out of my face.

I break down again in their arms not knowing when I'll be able to talk to him.

"He looked so scared" I whisper, "why don't they want me talking to him"

"He cares about me, and loves me" I cry as Hazel rubs my back and Vena massages my palm.

————

The next day, I had to go to school, but I couldn't go alone, my dad was dropping me off.

He wasn't only dropping me off, we were seeing the principal with Lewis's dad.

As I walk in, everyone was staring, most of them were staring at my dad, he looked like my older brother since he's really young.

"Good morning Mr Woods" My dad shakes the principal's hand as he walks us in his office.

Lewis and his father sit on the two chairs infront of the desk, Lewis has bruises covering his cheeks.

My heart drops looking at him, he looks exhausted, and hurt.

My dad takes my arm and takes me to the two chairs opposite from them.

I sit down and stare at the principal's desk avoiding Lewis.