Chapter 3: "you're bleeding"

•Luella's Point of View•

I feel tears run down my cheeks as Lewis leads me to I don't know where.

"where are we going" i sniffle looking at Lewis's truck, "come on" he lifts me up putting me in the front seat.

"I can't skip" i panic when he starts the car driving away from school.

"We don't have anything important" "French teacher canceled the project too" Lewis mumbles.

"what happened back there?"

"nothing, i upset Damian, I shouldn't have caused all that" i whisper wiping the tears that fell down my cheeks.

"You didn't cause anything" "Damian looks like a fuckin' jerk don't blame yourself" Lewis takes a glance at me then at my fingers.

"you're bleeding"

"Oh" i look down at my fingers, i think i pressed on my palm too much that my cuts opened.

"what happened to your fingers" Lewis sighs parking infront of his house.

wait, what was my lie?

"i cut myself while cutting apples" i mumble my nose twitching, I receive a nod from Lewis.

"sure wasn't carrots for Nelly?" He frowns and i quickly nod....Wait

"It was tomatoes Luella" Lewis walks out the car and goes to my side making me gulp.

I'm so stupid

"why are you lying" he puts me down on the ground and i take a deep breath "I'm not"

"Look uhm" "I don't think i should get in" i mumble looking at his front door.

"I don't know you"

"I'm not going to kidnap you" he chuckles, i look down at my feet, "the town will spread rumors if they saw me walking in"

It's true

"I should clean your cuts though" Lewis folds his arms, "okay" i give in.

I walk inside behind Lewis, his house is huge, close to the beach too

"so you got the furniture" i smile and he chuckles, "yesterday"

"Your house is nice"

"Thank you, sit down on that counter, I'm gonna go get something to clean your cuts with" he puts his phone and keys down.

I nod before walking to a high chair behind the countertop.

Ooh pictures, my nosy butt walks to a shelf with a bunch of pictures on it.

Is that Lewis's mom? I look at a short woman with curly black hair and a beautiful smile on her face.

He looks so much like her

Next to his mom stands a really tall boy with long dark brown hair with no smile on his face his hands shoved in his pockets and a tall beautiful girl holding the mom's arm.

Who are they?

My eyes trail to Lewis holding Nelly and their dad besides them smiling happily.

They all look happy except the tall boy-

"Found stuff that'll do" Lewis mumbles his eyes trailing from the kit to me then the shelf.

"I'm sorry i was being nosy" i whisper walking quickly to the chair.

"Thank you" i grab the kit but he stops me, "let me clean it"