Chapter 20: "first woman"

•Luella's Point Of View•

"Mhm that's really good" Ryan smiles, "thanks Luella" he takes the bowl of soup and walks downstairs to the basement.

I take Lewis's tray and get to his room to see him peacefully sleeping under the covers.

"Lewis" I whisper gently stroking his hair, his face scrunches up and he groans.

"What"

I sigh, "I made you food, eat"

He lifts himself up and pulls me in his lap, I try to pull away but he tightens his grip on me.

"I know you're pissed" he sighs, "Lewis let go, I need to do the dishes" I avoid his eyes.

"I'm sorry" he whispers, "it's stupid I know, I seriously won't do it again"

I nod and he holds my chin, "i love you"

"I love you too" I whisper, he kisses my lips before the door swings open.

"We had practice!" Ben yells and stops when he sees me on Lewis's lap.

"No! not again!"

"Relax" I mumble getting off of Lewis walking out the room not taking a look back.

I hear Lewis and Ben talking about football practice while I walk downstairs to do the dishes.

I was in my last plate when Ben left after saying goodbye to me.

Arms wrap around my waist making me jump lightly.

"You're still mad" Lewis whispers pressing his forehead on my back.

"Lewis of course I'm going to be mad, I care about you, I care so much about you, and it hurts me if I see you doing stuff like that, I don't want anything happening to you, I thought you'd come talk to me about it, but you didn't, I know It's hard to talk about, but I think we should start being honest with eachother from now on if we want our relationship to work out"

I turn around and see Lewis staring at the floor with his jaw clenched.

He nods "okay, we'll start being honest with eachother from now on"

I grab his cheeks and gently stroke them with my thumb, "I love you"

"I love you" Lewis whispers connecting our lips together in a passionate way.

He lifts me to the counter and I wrap my legs around his torso pulling him more in.

He slides his tongue in and swirls his with mine.

He slides his hands under my shirt roaming them around my body softly.

"Stop it!" I hear a voice cry making Lewis quickly pull away, I see Marline standing on the stairs woth her night dress and tears running down her cheeks.

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" Lewis quickly picks her up and pulls her to his chest.

"I'm scared" She cries loudly and I pout, "I want mama"

Lewis takes her upstairs and I stay in the kitchen wiping the counters.

After finishing I go to check on Lewis in Marline's room.

Lewis lays sleeping in her small princess bed, his feet hanging out the end.

Marline sleeps on his chest holding his neck tightly with a frown and dried tears on her face.

I smile and turn off the lights before going to Lewis's room to sleep.

After changing into Lewis's hoodie and shorts, I finally fall to sleep in his bed.