Chapter 27: "I apologize"

•Luella's Point Of View•

"Nelly, go play upstairs" Dad says pissed and folds his arms as we walk in.

"Talk, now"

"Okay, sit down" I say and dad refuses so we stay stood up facing eachother.

"I know what me and Luella did was a huge mistake, and I promise you that we've learnt from it" Lewis clears his throat.

"And I know you don't want your daughter to do the things you did when you were younger, and that you're trying to protect her"

"But I don't get why you're protecting her from me? I love your daughter no matter what, and if she was going to have our baby, I would never leave her side, not even a thought, Ella means the world to me, she's the light of my life, I don't understand why you hate me with your daughter this much"

"Even though I got your approval to date her" Lewis sighs and grabs my hand gently rubbing it.

I squeeze his hand and look at my dad who sat down on the couch, his elbows set on his knees and his hands collided together.

Mom stood there listening carefully.

Dad takes in a deep breath, "I heard stuff about you, it's not just that, everytime my daughter gets in the hospital, you're always behind that shit, I just want my daughter safe and protected, with a good reputation too"

"I'm sorry dad? You know, without Lewis, I would have bled out with Jason and be dead now if he wasn't there"

"And about the allergic reaction, first thing he did was help me, and his father helped you too"

He nods resting his cheek on his fist.

"You heard stuff about me, what did you hear?" Lewis frowns deeply.

My dad clears his throat and looks at the floor, "that you raped Rachel Moore"

That bitch, I'm going to fucking show her.

"Excuse me? And you believed that? Everyone knows her and her father are sick liars" Lewis scoffs, "you went and beat me up because of this?"

"I apologize Lewis" dad takes in a deep breath, oh wow, he's sorry.

"I just want my daughter happy, and safe, I don't sleep at night from how much I'm worried about her" true, dad came in my room at 3 in the morning to check if I have a pulse.

"Just promise me you'll protect her, make her happy, and never repeat the same mistake again"

"I promise you Mr Adams" Lewis puts his hand on my back.

"It's Nicolas" my dad gives him a smile standing up, he pulls Lewis in a hug making my heart warm.

"I apologize too, Lewis" mom smiles and pulls him in a hug too.

Lewis turns around and my eyes water, finally

He grabs my waist and pulls me in a hug full of love and warmth.

"My girl, my beautiful girl" he whispers kissing my cheek.

"Oh hey guys, you made up" I hear a voice making me frown, "Ben?"

"Hi Lulu" he opens the fridge, "Anne, do you happen to have the icing your mother makes?"

I chuckle and shake my head, "no Ben" mom pats his back, "but I do have her chicken rolls"

"Bring em out girl!" Ben grins happily making me giggle and squeeze Lewis's bicep.

"Ben? Why is your cheek red?" I tilt my head and he glares at me.