Six° Confronting ⚠️

Tw⚠️ (This chapter may contain sensitive topics. Please be aware and skip when uncomfortable.)

Scientists just announced that robots get affected by bullets, knives, etc. It might not kill them, but it definitely hurts, even if it's a little less than it should. They've been trying to find ways to get rid of robots, but the farthest thing they've achieved is knowing how robots are affected by the same things that hurt humans.

It has been a few more days since Jimin joined the new school. He let Yoongi know that he is more important than Dahyun and Yoongi shouldn't feel any hatred towards her. She is just trying to be friends with Jimin after all.

As the days pass, and Jimin and Yoongi get somewhat closer, Yoongi's urge to show his true side gets harder to resist.

He wants to show his care and love, but he isn't used to it. His family never received any affection from Yoongi, but they love him, and he loves them, and they both know it.

Though Yoongi just feels like Jimin's different. Maybe he wouldn't judge him for caring too much.

So Yoongi decides to confront Jimin about a few things that concern him. And if he loses Jimin because of that, then it was bound to happen anyways.

It's now or never.

"Jimin, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Do you- uhm... We're close, right?" Yoongi hesitates.

Jimin cocks an eyebrow before laughing a little. "Are you okay? Of course, we are!"

"H-how close...? How close are we speaking?"

"Hmm. Like, close to the point where we can talk about our crushes together. Maybe also close to the point where we can touch each other's hair without getting annoyed."

"Close to the point where we can open up and trust each other?" Yoongi interrupts.

"Oh." Jimin notices the seriousness on Yoongi's face. "Yeah. I think maybe even more than that. Is everything okay...?"

Yoongi sighs, dropping his gaze to Jimin's wrists. Even at forty-five Celsius degrees, Jimin chooses to wear long sleeves- Yoongi is wearing long sleeves too but that is beside the point- but no long sleeves can cover up all the way to your fingers. Yoongi can clearly tell Jimin was wearing bracelets.

Yoongi instantly realized the familiar bracelets when he saw Jimin wearing them for the first time. He got flashbacks he didn't want to remember.

He can understand Jimin, if this is true, he can even relate to him. Yoongi used to do the same, but he will rather not recall what happened.

Jimin gets uncomfortable with Yoongi's eyes on his hands. He fidgets with his sleeves, waiting for Yoongi to speak.

"These bracelets... Why are they so many?" He extends his hand and holds Jimin's wrist, slightly lowering the long fabric.

Jimin breathes shakily as he pulls his hand away rather harshly. Yoongi gulps.

"Is it... Is it true? Am I thinking right?" Yoongi furrows his eyebrows, once again holding Jimin's wrist, this time much softer that Jimin doesn't want to pull away.

This time Jimin feels comfort, warmth, and love. He doesn't pull away, instead, he lets Yoongi brush his finger over his hand and bracelets as he watches Yoongi's eyes that are filled with so much concern and care. It hurts. It hurts seeing someone care so much that Jimin wants to cry.

Yoongi slowly hooks his finger on one of the colorful bracelets, searching for any kind of discomfort in Jimin's actions. Jimin holds his breath and closes his eyes, and Yoongi could feel him tense under his touch.

Jimin waits for him to take it off, but he doesn't. Yoongi lets go of the yellow bracelet with a sigh.

He knows the feeling of being touched there, of being exposed to anyone. Even if the person is trusted. He knows how uncomfortable it is when someone wants to take off your only source of coverage.

So he lets go.

He runs a hand through his hair, looking around the empty library for a second.

Jimin feels the tears threatening to leave his eyes as he pulls his sleeve back down.

"Jimin..."

"You don't get it." The said boy whispers a little.

"No, I do. Just listen to me-"

"You really don't, Yoongi! You got it all wrong." Jimin's soft whisper now turns into a quiet yell.

Yoongi doesn't argue back this time. He looks around one more time, making sure no one was close, before hesitantly pulling up his sleeves.

Jimin slightly gasps, placing a hand on his mouth as he stares at the sight he now hates most.

He unintentionally moves his hand toward Yoongi's arm, stopping when he realizes how close he was to touch it. He looks up at Yoongi, tears finally running down his cheeks.

Even though they are healed, the sight is still unbearable.

"Why?" He barely whispers.

"It's okay. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone." Yoongi smiled sadly.

"N-no. Yoongi, why? Why are you doing this?"

"These are old. I promise. I--I'll tell you about it later, okay?"

"Jimin?" A third voice called. The pair snapped their heads towards the voice, Yoongi pulling down his sleeve and Jimin wiping away his tears.

"Hey, Dahyun." Jimin fakes his biggest smile when Dahyun finds her way toward them.

"Hey, Yoongi." Dahyun looks at him.

"Hey."

"So Jimin, I heard that Mrs. Cha will make our class work on a new project. I think it's about robots or something. I was wondering if you knew anything about them." Dahyun asks.

"Ah, I'll look into it when she tells us more about that project." Jimin smiles.

Yoongi never talked to anyone about something so sensitive. He confused himself. How is Jimin so easy to talk to? Even about something like that?