Twenty two° Acceptance

P95.

"I don't understand..." Yoongi mumbles. "What is this... Code?" He holds out his finger and reaches the marked area, caressing it with his thumb.

Indeed, it's craved.

Jimin sighs. "Do you not really?" Yoongi nods. "This code... It's carved in a different part in every r-robot."

Yoongi's eyes go wider than ever, simply denying Jimin's implication. "No... What are you trying to say..?"

"I... I don't know, Yoongi. Even I am confused about myself... D-do I seem like a robot to you? W-why are these-" he reaches his hand to rub the digits that brought him self-doubt. "-on me? I-I'm not a robot, r-right? I can't be... You think I don't belong here?"

Jimin is trying his best to keep the tears in, knowing damn well they won't stop flowing once they start.

It feels relieving to share his concern with someone, but at the same time, it feels wrong. What if Yoongi leaves him? Even though he promised... Jimin doesn't know the worst that can happen.

"Stop..." Yoongi mumbles, keeping his hands to himself as he looks the other way.

"Are you scared of me..?" Jimin reaches out to touch Yoongi's hand, however, Yoongi doesn't pull away or yell at him like Jimin expects, in fact, he doesn't react.

"You know your kind killed my parents." There's no emotion whatsoever in the words Yoongi speaks.

"But I'm not like them, I promise! I-i didn't do anything to you...How can I?"

Yoongi doesn't say anything, making Jimin's heart ache more.

"You promised you wouldn't leave... Are you just like them?"

"No! No, Jimin. I'm not like them... I just- just need some time to think- I don't... I don't know what to do. You know you can't be here, right? If they find you, they'll take you away!"

Yoongi's scared to lose Jimin. No matter how shocked and in denial he is, he still cares about Jimin.

Jimin did nothing, he doesn't deserve to be taken away anyway.

"That's why I told you. I know you'd keep this secret, Hyung."

The same suffocating silence is back, with Jimin not knowing how Yoongi feels, and Yoongi not knowing what to say.

Yoongi's head perks up when Jimin sniffs. "We can talk about this later... Now let's go back to class, hey?"

But Jimin doesn't look up. He hears a sigh coming out from Yoongi's mouth before he feels a hand on his shoulder.

He looks up and meets eyes with Yoongi.
The whole world stops as those six seconds feel like an eternity.

With non of them wanting it to end.

Yoongi leans closer and Jimin mimics his movements.

"I-im not a robot, r-right? I'm not that bad..."

Their bodies are finally inches apart, closing off that unwanted distance, Yoongi embraces Jimin with another hug.

A warm, safe, hug that Jimin never wants to pull away from.

Not moving away from the hug, Yoongi says:

"Humans are disgusting creatures who do crimes and force themselves on people. They only think about themselves and their pleasure and happiness. That's what I imagine when I hear the word Humans. But that doesn't mean all of them are the same, does it?... Am I like this?"

Jimin was fast to shake his head no.

"Exactly... Just because everyone thinks robots are ruthless creatures who go around killing people and doing crimes, it doesn't mean that all of them are heartless. You have don't nothing, so these labels don't fit you."

Yoongi realizes Jimin is crying when he feels his shirt dampening with tears. He can't help but hug the younger tighter, listing to his soft sniffs and cries.

"You'll never leave," Jimin says matter-of-factly, though, still doubting the validity of the statement.

"Never."

"Promise me..."

"I promise I'll never leave you, Park Jimin."