Twenty seven° Questions

They usually say don't look at the past. But what if the past was a better place? In this case, what if in the past they were way more happier and busier than this misery everyone lives in now?

"P95. First robot under eighteen to be discovered."

As If that wakes up something in Jimin, he slowly blinks his eyes open. No need to adjust to the bright light, since there wasn't any, he looks around.

First, he notices how he's tied up to a hospital-looking bed. His body feels cold. There's this ticking sound that will make him go insane if the room goes any quieter.

The room.

The room he's inside is dark. Jimin can't even spot windows. The only source of light making the room visible is a soft blue gleam emitting from... Him?

He frowns as he tries to twist his tied hand. Then he spots the source. The code that previously brought so much dullness and darkness to his life is now proudly glowing with no shame.

Jimin didn't know it could light up.

As if someone was waiting for the boy to wake up, the door opens softly with a clicking sound as Jimin tries to sit up straight.

A sigh is heard in the awfully silent room as the man approaches.

"P95... My first creation." The man says, finally standing close enough to Jimin that he can see him.

"I don't understand..." Jimin's voice feels heavier.

"I'm Injeong,"

"I'm Jim--"

"Ah, you don't get it, do you?" The man flicks his tongue. "Let's start this again. I'm Injeong, a scientist engineer who also happens to have created you."

Silence grows after those two sentences are spoken.

"You're one of the prettiest ever made... " The scientist growls, dramatically making small steps around the tight bed Jimin lays on.

Jimin's head follows his every movement.

"You know, you weren't always like this."

"What do you mean? Who are you?"

"Ah, you must need an update. I see your IQ has gone down a little, ay? I told you, I'm your creator. "

"No... N-no. I'm not a robot!" Jimin insists.

"Then can you tell me anything about your childhood?" Injeong crosses his hands over his chest.

Jimin stays silent, both of them knowing he doesn't remember a thing. Jimin sniffs and Injeong sighs, moving closer to him.

"Listen, P95," He rests his hand on Jimin's shoulder. "I'm not here to make you feel worse. I'm your creator, how in the world would I want something bad to happen to you? They were going to execute you right away, but I managed to convince them to let me see you for a few days... You know, kind of like therapy. I needed to talk to you, but sooner or later, they're going to take you again if our sessions don't go neatly. I kept on telling them that you are different from the other robots and you would never hurt anyone. So in those few days, if we didn't manage to prove that you are no harm,... They will take you away. And I don't think you want to know what will happen to you next. So let's work together,... If you have any questions, I'll be fast to answer. This is how our sessions will go. You will learn about yourself, and we will work on proving you are no danger. You can start asking now."

Jimin feels a little more at ease. Maybe it's the tone this guy has, or maybe it's the fact that he's technically his father.

"Where am I?" Jimin finally asks, feeling this is the most important question at the moment.

"Ah, yes. We're at the place you were first tried. This is your home. The place you were created."

A few more moments of silence pass.

"So, can we start this session with a question from me first?" He asks and Jimin nods slowly. "What exactly do you remember before going to your new school?"

"I remember barely anything. It's like I was dead and woke up standing in the middle of the class introducing myself. All I truly remember is my parents dying... But that's not possible, right? If... I am a robot, then this isn't possible. I have a sallow memory of me getting bullied in my old school. Though I can't seem to remember what was that school or any of the bullies' faces or names. Those unhelpful memories feel so faded that it feels like it was in my past life."

"Mm, interesting. So your software actually works. Do you remember anything else? Try your best to remember one more thing, and then I'll be ready with answers to your questions." Injeong says, sitting down on a chair in front of Jimin's bed.

"I can't... seem to have any more memories. I'm sorry."

"That is just fine." The scientist moves the pen across what seems like a notebook.

Jimin assumes he's writing what he just said.

"Alright, I'll be ready for your questions now."

"Why am I tied?" Jimin couldn't help but ask first.

"This was the only condition they had to let me take you. You have to be tied or else you wouldn't be here... But don't worry, maybe in the future, I'll untie you in secret. That is, if I discover you are the same robot I created and won't run away. Please ask the next question."

Jimin doesn't know if he has a specific number of questions, but just in case, he wants to know everything.

"What happened?"