Ten° Truth

Yoongi doesn't know what's worse. Yes, he didn't want Dahyun to find the truth, but her accusing him of something fake is definitely unexpected. Maybe if she found out the actual truth it would've been better.

"Jimin..."

"Hush... It's okay." He hugs him tighter as Yoongi sniffles.

"You- you don't believe her, do you?" Yoongi hesitates.

Jimin doesn't answer and Yoongi whines. "No, please no! Jimin, believe me!"

"I-i believe you Yoongi. But please, tell me anything-" He holds his right arm, pulling up his sleeves. "-tell me everything. I will be here for you. Tell me who's Geumjae and that little girl. Tell me why you don't like rice and meat. Tell me why...you don't look like your parents. Tell me why you do this to yourself..." He slowly runs his thumb across his wrist.

"B-but you will hate me, Jimin. I don't want that. I want you--"

"I could never. I promise you, whatever it is, I will not leave you. You can't scare me even if you try..."

Jimin's words are so comforting that Yoongi wants to believe them. In fact, his heart warms up to him. He finds himself snuggling closer as he starts his story while Jimin still caresses his arms.

"Four years ago... It started four years ago."

-

Yoongi looks up at his older brother with a smile. "Hyung, I want to be eighteen like you."

Geumjae laughs. "When you're eighteen, I'll be twenty-two, Yoongi."

"I know, dumbass. But I'm just saying, as a fourteen-year-old, everything is better when you're an adult. You can do whatever you want."

"Do you see me doing whatever I want? Trust me, at your age, we have more freedom." Geumjae sighs.

"Don't turn wise all of a sudden and turn this into a depressing lecture. Maybe when I'm older and cooler like you I'll finally have friends." Yoongi laughs.

Geumjae laughs along to hide the sympathy he felt. "Right. But just remember, you don't need friends to be cool. Friends are for the weak. You're strong, right?"

Yoongi playfully rolls his eyes at his brother. "Hyung, don't worry. I will make friends... But thank you for reminding me. Ha! I won! You owe me a wish!" Yoongi throws his controller as he jumps with enthusiasm.

"Aw, man. That's not fair. I told you I don't know how to play Call of Duty! This is so different from how we used to play it!"

"You act like you're so much older. It's literally a four-year-old difference between us. Not get your ass up, I want my wish now." Yoongi pulls his sleeves to make him stand up. Geumjae whines.

"But first, I'm hungry. What did Eomma make before she left?" Yoongi asks, heading towards the kitchen.

"Tofu... Eww!"

"I want McDonald's! I'm so hungry. Hey, that's my wish! Buy me McDonald's!"

"Yoongi, are you serious? You know I'm trying to save up.'

"Chickening out already?" Yoongi smirks.

"Ugh, fine... But I'll buy myself a meal too. I hate tofu."

The two boys make a disgusted look.

Geumjae decides to order delivery, too lazy to go there himself.

After a few more hours, the boys decide to watch tv. It is almost one in the morning and their parents aren't back yet.

"What do you think Eomma and Appa are doing? They have been getting groceries for ages." Yoongi mutters, too focused on the interesting movie.

Geumjae shrugs, shoving a hand full of popcorn in his mouth.

"But you don't know the truth... I am not your mother... I am--"

They both start whining as the movie gets cut out for a news report to be shown instead.

"Isn't this Netflix? How the fuck is there news interrupting it?" Yoongi yells as he throws popcorn at the far, big screen. "Ugh, how do we turn it off?"

"Yoongi, I don't think we can skip the news. This is probably some important shit abo it robots. They even made it that NETFLIX movies have these kinds of news interruptions so we don't miss any news about robots and shit." Geumjae looks at him with a betrayed look.

"Oh no... We have to watch the news like Appa!"

"Maybe if we close our eyes and listen,... It'll be interesting."

"-where citizens claim to have seen the robot and even describe his looks. Here, at the new Taemoon hypermarket, a total of twelve deaths could be recognized. Please stay at homes far from the new hypermarket where it will be labeled as unsafe. This was Suhyuk, and now you'll be watching live from the crime scene. Have a good night."

Yoongi frowns, his eyes still closed, while Geumjae shoots his eyes open.

The screen shifts from inside a news studio to a live video of the hypermarket where people are screaming and beds are carried to the ambulances.

Geumjae gasps as he places his hand in Infront of Yoongi's eyes.

"What? What is happening? Take ways your hand, Hyung! I wanna see!"

Geumjae's own eyes start to water when he sees his parents being pushed to the ambulance by two paramedics.

He instantly takes hold of the remote and turns off the tv, only then taking away his hand from Yoongi's eyes. He rushes to his room and finds his phone before dialing a number, Yoongi running behind.

"Hyung! What happened? What did the news say? Who died?"

Geumjae bites his lips as a few rings go by.

No answer.

"No, no, no, this can't be! No!!" He yells, tears finally running down his face.

Yoongi is scared, to say the least. He never saw his brother cry. Even when his girlfriend of three years left him, Geumjae didn't cry.

This must be serious, and Yoongi is terrified.

"Hyung, what's wrong? Why are you crying?! If you don't stop crying I'll call Eomma and tell her you're sad!" Yoongi tries to hold him by his shoulders, but Geumjae was moving too much.

Yoongi at some point started crying too. What could possibly cause all of this reaction out of his brother?

-

To be continued.