Seven° Who's the third wheel

In this new world, trust is hard to build or achieve. But Jimin finds himself blindly trusting Yoongi as he suggests they work on their project in his house.

"Min, park and Kim. Why don't you three be partners? I've seen how close you've become lately. Maybe you too can make Park feel more connected to our school."

Yoongi wanted to punch the teacher when he said that. In what world will he be happy to be partners with Dahyun? Not only that, but Jimin will be there too. It's a nightmare.

Yoongi does trust Jimin. Ever since he said that Yoongi can't compare to Dahyun, Yoongi has been feeling a bit better.

Don't get him wrong, he trusts Jimin. It's Dahyun he doesn't trust.

"Why is your house so far?" Dahyun sighs, kicking her feet lightly with each step she takes.

"Next time, I'll build it near the school for you." Yoongi says sarcastically. He starts to regret suggesting that they work on the project at his house. And having to walk there instead of calling a taxi.

It isn't that far anyway. Dahyun is being dramatic.

"Why did we have to miss the bus?"

"Dahyun, Yoongi was in the bathroom when the bus left. It's not his problem." Jimin informs.

"Then why can't you order a flying Uber?"

"If I had the money to afford a flying Uber, I'd be out of this country." Yoongi says. "Hold your mouth. We're almost there anyway."

-

"That's your house?" Dahyun frowns as they step inside the building.

"I apologize for having a small house. I'm sure your palace is way more comfortable. I'll make sure to be rich in my next life." Yoongi replies, receiving a nudge from Jimin.

"Take off your shoes." Yoongi warns when Dahyun was about to walk inside. "Mom! I'm here with friends! We'll be working on a project! Don't let Geumjae disturb us!"

"What?! I can't here you! Come talk to me here!"

Yoongi sighs and looks at Jimin apologetically. "You can look around. I'll let my mom know you're here."

Jimin nods with a smile, happy that Yoongi feels comfortable enough to let him look around.

The first thing he noticed when he walked inside was the family pictures on the wall. Interested, he approaches there to have a better look at the mini Yoongi.

Surprisingly, there was no pictures of Yoongi whatsoever. All Jimin sees are pictures of his parents. A few of them had a little girl too.

Jimin smiles. He doesn't see the resemblance between that girl and Yoongi, but she sure was cute. Maybe this picture was old.

Yoongi comes back after a second with his mom trailing behind.

"Hello! I'm Yoongi's mom. Please get comfortable. I'll cook food right away." The woman greets with the biggest smile on her face.

"Thank you." Jimin smiles back and bows, Dahyun following his steps.

"You must be Jimin. Yoongi never shuts up about you!"

Jimin giggles. "Well I'm glad. That is me. Nice to meet you."

"I'm sorry dear. I can't seem to remember you." Yoongi's mom directs her words to Dahyun who stands with her hands in her pocket.

"Ah, I'm Kim Dahyun. I guess Yoongi has never talked about me." She smiles sheepishly as she bows once again.

"How rude of you, Yoongi! You should've told me about your pretty girlfriend."

Jimin snorts and Yoongi gives him a death stare. Yoongi tries to object but his mom is already on her way to the kitchen.

"Mom we're barely friends!" He whines.

"Please, feel free to do whatever you want. I'll be ready with food soon!" Yoongi's mom says one last time before completely disappearing between hallways.

"Is Geumjae your sister?" Jimin asks, recalling when Yoongi asked his mother to not let Geumjae disturb them.

"Oh, uhm. He's my brother." Yoongi answers, an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Oh... " Jimin felt a bit confused. Yoongi has a brother yet there is a little girl in the family pictures.

But by the look on Yoongi's face, he doesn't want to talk about it. So Jimin decides he'll ask later when he's more comfortable.

Yoongi sighs and rubs his forehead. "My room's this way. Mom won't let us do any work untill you two are full." He changes the topic.

Jimin chuckles and follows Yoongi to his room. Dahyun gives one last look at the family pictures hanging on the wall before catching up to the duo.

Something doesn't sit right with Yoongi, Dahyun feels. Something's wrong.