Fourty nine° Confusion and mistrust

"I'll go to the bathroom real quick."

Yoongi reclines on the couch, patiently waiting for Jimin to return from the bathroom. The living room is dimly lit, with the soft glow of the TV screen illuminating the space. They are having a cozy movie night as Jimin wished, complete with snacks and blankets.

As Yoongi glances around, his eyes land on Jimin's phone, nonchalantly resting on the coffee table. A mischievous grin spreads across his face as an idea sparks in his mind. He picks up the phone, knowing that Jimin will discover his playful antics later.

Yoongi unlocks the phone effortlessly since Jimin never bothered to set a password. He quickly opens the camera app and starts clicking away, capturing silly selfies and making funny faces. He chuckls to himself, imagining Jimin's reaction when he scrolls through the gallery.

Suddenly, Jimin's phone chimes with an incoming message. Yoongi's eyes widen, and he instinctively moves to hide the phone. However, in his haste, his finger accidentally taps on the notification, taking him straight to the messaging app.

Yoongi's heart skips a beat as he read the name "Chaewon" on the screen. Curiosity got the better of him, and against his better judgment, he started scrolling through the conversation.

His smile fades, replaced with a pang of unease and sadness. He feels like an intruder stumbling upon a world he isn't meant to witness.

Me: stay away from him you fucking
Psycho bitch

Chaewon: the fuck man I'm trying
to protect him from you

Me: hell no you're the one who he should be protected from
I'm not gonna say it again
Stay away from him

Chaewon: what you're doing isn't the right thing
You can't do that to him
You'll ruin him

Me: I'll do whatever I want with him
You won't stop me

Chaewon: Jimin you aren't listening to me
you can't do that to him
Are you fucking crazy?

Me:  listen chaewon, I know what I'm doing
If you try to interrupt one more time I'll end you too.

Chaewon: you fucking coward you'll destroy him.
You don't know how much I want to
protect him.
I'll find a way to save him from you
You'll see.

-

I

n that moment, Yoongi wishes he never laid eyes on those messages. His mind races, unsure of what he should do. Should he confront Jimin, or pretend it never happened?

Without even realizing it, panic begins to take hold of Yoongi. He hastily puts Jimin's phone back on the coffee table, feeling guilt wash over him. His breaths come in short gasps, and before he knows it, his feet are carrying him away from the couch and towards the front door.

Tears stream down Yoongi's face as he fumbles to put on his shoes. The weight of what he just discovered weighed heavily on him, and he can't bear the thought of confronting Jimin about it just yet. His mind races with questions, doubts, and an overwhelming sense of heartbreak.

He can't trust Jimin anymore. Does Jimin want to kill him too, now? Chaewon only wants to protect him.

As Yoongi turnes the doorknob and steps out into the cool night air, he can't shake off the feeling of betrayal. The overwhelming pain threatens to consume him, but he knows he needs space and time to process everything. With each step he takes, he distances himself from the apartment that once held so much love and laughter.

He calls the only person he knows he needs right now.

"Hello? Chaewon? Please send me your location. I need you."