Fourteen° Studies and confessions

Really, a lot of people who live inside the borders of the safe zone sometimes forget that there are robots. They don't know if it's because they have been safe for a while, or if the robots may be planning something big. Either way, they're happy to live safely without any worries even for only a few days.

On the other hand, Yoongi never once forgot about the existence of robots. He wants to see one, he wants to see these creatures who dared touch his parents.

Yoongi isn't the type to seek revenge, but oh, when he sees a robot, they better know he'll be more than ready.

"-so then when you find A and B-- Min Yunki? Are you listening?"

Yoongi snaps out of his trance and looks at the voice calling him. He cringes at the way she pronounces his name. The teacher stands there with her arms crossed over her chest and a glare on her face.

Yoongi rolls his eyes at her attempt to be intimidating.

Yes, Yoongi takes his studies seriously. It's only rare when you see him zone out. This teacher should know better.

"Can you tell me what I just said?"

For fuck's sake, can this get any more cliche?

"You were talking about what we're going to do after we find A and B." Yoongi answers, leaning back in his chair.

Jimin almost snorts at the expression the teacher has. Yoongi nudges him with a smirk.

"O-oh.. right. Well then, what do we do when we find them? Since you know everything."

What's hilarious to Yoongi is how the teacher thinks she can easily catch him making a mistake.

It's Yoongi we're talking about.

"But Ms. Kang, you didn't say it yet--"

"Shut up, Choi, go ahead Yunki."

"Sure. When we find the variables, we're going to replace, or as in substitute, each of A and B with their numbers. Then the equation will be an algebraic equation where we will be able to easily find the value of X and Y. Do you want me to come in front and show you how or do you know?" Yoongi mumbles the last part, but loud enough that she can hear, and smirks at the expression on her face.

"That would be unnecessary. Pay attention and don't get distracted again Mr min. Or I'll be calling your parents." She fixes her glasses.

Yoongi scoffs as she turns around to continue.

Really? Call his parents?

He can literally explain the whole AP Calculus BC and she would still find a way to look him down.

"Wow, you're almost as good as me in algebra." Jimin teases.

Yoongi chuckles and shakes his head. He knows Jimin is a top student too. "Shut up and pay attention. We don't want the teacher to call your parents." Yoongi mocks the teacher.

Jimin bites his lower lip as he swallows the knot in his throat. "Yeah.. parents."

Yoongi fails to notice the expression on Jimin's face.

-

"As much as I wanna get good grades, I hate going to school," Yoongi tells, adjusting the strap of his bag as he and Jimin walk around the hallway.

"I don't mind going to school, just as long as the people are nice." Jimin contrasts, both of them getting flashbacks from the events of yesterday.

"Anyways, you never told me what college you wanted to go to?" Jimin changes the topic.

"I don't really care I guess. I just want to major in music."

"Oh? That's cool. That explains the piano in your house. You should play for me sometimes." Jimin smiles. "But if you're really passionate about music, why are you studying so hard? Some even drop out of school and start focusing on music so they have time for it. I feel like you're hard on yourself."

Yoongi fights the urge to smile. Jimin actually cares. "I understand. But... " He hesitates before sighing and giving in. "You know, my Eomma always wanted me to get high grades. She didn't really care what college I go to, or what I choose to study, but she wanted to see me with high marks. She said that as long as I'm happy with whatever I study, she'll be happy too. But I want to show her that I can do this, even if she isn't here to see these high grades."

Jimin stays silent for a moment before his lips curl into a soft smile. "I'm sure she's more than proud of you."

Yoongi doesn't say something or even react to that.

"So, do have anything to do today? Should we hang out?" Jimin asks after a silence.

Yoongi shrugs. "Sure. Let's go to your house this time. I think Geumjae will be having his friends over."

"Oh, uhm... Well,.." Jimin sighs. Will he really be having this conversation right now?

"Listen, I know you've been really open with me about your life and all. Maybe you expect me to be the same, but I have trust issues... There's... There are a lot of things I haven't told you about. A lot of things that concern me. About..." He holds up his left arm and eyes at his bracelets. "-these too. But I promise I will. I trust you, but I don't want what happened in my old school to happen again. I hope you understand that. If we go to my house,... You'll ask a lot of questions that I'm not ready to share the answers to. One day, I'll muster the courage to open up as you did.."

Yoongi stays silent for a short period, thinking, before finally looking at Jimin with a straight expression.

Jimin waits for him to shout, yell, get mad at how he told him everything, and yet he couldn't, maybe even hit him. But Yoongi simply shrugs, and Jimin lets out a breath he was holding.

"Sure. You'll finally see Geumjae." Yoongi says as he holds the school door open for Jimin.

Maybe Yoongi really is different. Jimin eases, it wouldn't be that hard to tell him about his life.