Thirty eight° Girls

"I literally only held her by the collar!? I didn't even touch her neck."

Jimin laughs at Yoongi's ramble. The older huffs as he explains further how Dahyun said only lies.

The pair are walking home.

Well, Jimin's home.

The entire day was hell for both of them since Yoongi couldn't socialize with Jimin.

He blames Dahyun.

It makes him whine every time he remembers he has to do this tomorrow too, or for god knows how long if Jimin decides to extend his plans.

"Got any ideas on how to... err, you know?" Yoongi gulps as Jimin giggles.

The blonde male adjusts the strap of his bag before shaking his head slowly. "Tomorrow. I will learn all I need about her tomorrow."

Yoongi hums in answer.

They reach the house. The pair take turns in taking off their shoes before stepping inside and closing the door behind them.

"What did your mom say about you staying here? Did she ask questions?" Jimin asks right when they sit down.

"Not really. Geumjae was all protective and stuff but I assured him not to worry." Yoongi answers. "Ah, and those people showed up at my mom's house the other day and she told me she told them she doesn't know where you live."

"That's good." Jimin notices the uneasiness in Yoongi's voice. "What's wrong?"

"Huh?"

"I can tell you're thinking about something."

"Ah, just that... What if they hurt my family to find you? I mean like, what if they don't believe her and they come back and force her to tell them... or hurt her." Yoongi ruffles his hair in frustration with a groan.

Jimin sighs, a slight wave of guilt rushing over him. "I'm sorry. This is all because of me."

"What?" Yoongi snaps his head up. "No, no, don't say that. I don't regret coming here. I'd do it again... But I'm just scared. I can't lose them, you know." He smiles a weak smile.

"Nothing will happen to them. Your family will forever be safe as long as I'm here. I'll protect them, I'll protect you. I promise, okay?"

-

"Holy shit!" Yoongi jumps when a hand touches his shoulder unexpectedly.

He turns around and sees an unfamiliar face smiling sheepishly, lowering her head slightly in an attempt to apologize.

The girl has short hair and bangs.

Yoongi cocks an eyebrow and takes off one of his AirPods. "What the fuck, dude?" He mumbled before sitting down again.

His class is in the field. They're supposed to be playing football right now, but Yoongi would much rather be in the gym playing basketball.

Who puts sports period at the end of the day anyway?

So he faked an injury and now he's sitting on the bleachers, pretending to be hurt.

He secretly has his AirPods on, covers them with his hair, and is swiping on his phone. Mainly waiting for a message from Jimin who is currently with Dahyun in the art room.

With an unfamiliar face showing up, Yoongi starts worrying about what he's wearing. He knows he looks out of place wearing the football uniform.

On the other hand, if he was wearing the basketball uniform--

"Sorry. I tried calling you but you couldn't hear. Yoongi, right?"

Yoongi snaps back to reality. Looking the female up and down (not in a mean way), and bringing his eyes back to his phone. "Are we close enough so you call me by my name?" He mumbles.

The girl rolls her eyes, completely ignoring him. She makes herself comfortable next to him, keeping barely any space between them.

"I know you're older than me."

Yoongi fights the urge to say 'good for you'. He really doesn't know what to do with this information that he very much doesn't need.

"Another reason to respect me."

"I've always wanted to approach you, but that Jimin dude scares me. But he's not here now so I came to say hi. He seems like a bad bitch."

Yoongi scoffs at how comfortable she's talking like she knew them for years.

The unannounced girl laughs at Yoongi's reaction, making him crack a smile himself.

"I wonder who's the scary one," Yoongi says, recalling back a few minutes ago.

"Ugh, I told you you couldn't hear me. And you can't judge me by this one situation, okay? I'm much cooler." The girl proudly announces.

"Here, call me. I'll be seeing you again, Min." She pulls his arm, forcing his hand open before scribbling a few numbers with a pen Yoongi doesn't know where it came from, and then stands up and leaves. Yoongi notes how she calls him more respectfully this time.

Just then, the bell rings, dismissing the school day.

Yoongi's eyes are still fixed on the mysterious girl as she walks away, slowly disappearing between the other teens.

He clears his throat, finally looking down at his hand.

Call me,
051-212-3456
Xo, Chaewon.

Yoongi makes a mental note to call the no longer mysterious girl.

He stands up, throws his bag over his shoulder, and heads to the gate with a smile on his face.

Excited to meet Jimin after a long day of not seeing him.