Twenty one° Surprises

Why are humans so weak? Why don't they know what they want? Maybe if the world only had robots, then it would be stronger.

Half an hour passes with nothing but silence and Jimin's soft sniffles from time to time.

Yoongi would occasionally glance at him, ruffling his hair, or even hug him.

It isn't until Jimin decides to break the suffocating yet comfortable silence.

"I'm sorry." His voice exactly reflects his state. He sounds like he has been doing nothing but crying the whole day, which is something Yoongi fears.

"It's okay." The older replies softly.

"So you're not mad?" Jimin eyes light up as he looks at Yoongi apologetically.

"Of course I am. But not at you anymore. It won't be easy to get them back, you know... " He sighs.

The blonde presses his lips into a thin line. "You don't have to keep taking them..."

"But I want to."

"They're dangerous. Have you read the side effects?!"

Yoongi shuts his mouth. He definitely has read them. But what will he tell Jimin? That he likes the idea of possible death when taking the Sibutramine?

"There's a reason why they're illegal. Why do you starve yourself?" Jimin unexpectedly asks.

Yoongi almost has his answer memorized. "I don't know. I feel like I don't deserve that."

"You don't deserve food?!"

"No, the feeling of being full. Not physically, but mentally. You can't live without food. Simply your life won't be complete... But that's exactly why. What if I don't deserve a complete life? Ever since what happened to my parents, a whole part of me went away with them. I don't have an appetite anymore, and when I do, I feel horrible eating when they're not. I didn't take care of them enough... Why should I take care of myself?"

Yoongi doesn't realize he's crying until Jimin reaches his hand and wipes off his single tear, using his other hand to hold Yoongi's.

"Oh, Hyung... You were fourteen. You couldn't do anything. You don't deserve all of that." Jimin embraces him with another hug.

"No one deserves that. Imagine... Imagine how horrible your parents feel when you barely eat every day. Imagine how much they're blaming themselves that they left you?"

Yoongi hasn't really thought about that. When his parents are watching him, how bad do they really feel?

That thought leaves him with a burning guilty feeling. "Oh..."

"Please, you're being so hard on yourself."

"W-what should I do then? What should I do to make them happy again?"

"You know, Yoongi. You know what you're doing wrong. Eat a normal meal, stop the pills, and quit smoking. I'll help you with all of these, but please just ask me to... "

"I... "

Yoongi is conflicted. He knows what Jimin is saying is right, he knows what he's doing is so, so wrong. But he can't stop. He can't imagine his life going any differently.

He just needs confirmation that everything will be okay.

And Jimin seems to have read his mind.

"I think I'm ready."

Yoongi looks at Jimin, waiting for him to explain more.

Jimin reaches out for his sleeve. He pulls his left one until it reaches just above his elbow. He hooks a finger on a few of his bracelets, but he suddenly feels a firm grip on his right wrist, stopping his finger from going any further.

"Stop," Yoongi demands.

"No, Hyung. I want to show you." Jimin insists, struggling to take away his hand from Yoongi's grip.

"Jimin--"

"I told you before, you got it all wrong. Let me show you." The blonde harshly pulls away his hand from Yoongi's, finally taking off all his bracelets.

Yoongi mentally prepares himself for the pain he will feel in his heart... But nothing comes.

There's no pain.

There are no scars.

There's nothing.

"I don't understand..."

"I told you you got it wrong..." Jimin whispers as he holds out his pinky finger. "Promise me that you'll never leave."

Yoongi is confused, nonetheless, he hooks Jimin's pinky with his own, knowing no matter what, he will not leave Jimin.

"I promise."

Jimin takes a deep breath for a moment, realizing there's no going back now.

He pulls away his pinky and raises his left hand, making Yoongi look at it.

At last, he flips his hand the other way, now his palm facing upwards.

It takes Yoongi a moment to figure out what Jimin wants to show him.

But then he sees it.

Craved in a digital font, on his wrist, a fair size, and in the color baby blue, the digits;

P95.