Twenty three° Betrayal

"I promise I'll never leave you, Park Jimin."

These nine words were all Jimin can hear as the pair walk to Yoongi's house.

Even if it's already the next day, the words still mean so much to Jimin.

Jimin can feel his gut telling him he did the right thing. And he knows it.

He knows he did the right thing.

Finally, there won't be any bad consequences to a small action he made. He won't fear getting caught by Yoongi anymore. He won't be insecure about himself anymore.

This is a different Jimin. This Jimin will show Yoongi how much he won't regret his promise.

"Jimin? We're here."

Jimin blinks a few times, wiping the daydreaming smile off his face. "Right." He clears his throat as he steps inside.

The two boys greet Iseul as she welcomes them and lets them know that she'll be making food right away.

Jimin suggests they order delivery instead because he didn't want her to cook for him every time he visited Yoongi.

But the old woman insists, denying that she's any tired of cooking.

Yoongi knows his Mom loved cooking. Sometimes he feels guilty that he doesn't even know what her cooking tastes like.

These days when Yoongi feels like he can't survive on appetite suppressants anymore, he eats instant tteokbokki or ramen from a convince store.

Though, he never ate something his Mom made.

Her food was always too fancy and just made Yoongi overwhelmed.

But for Jimin, oh for Jimin. He might just try.

It's Jimin's birthday today, after all, he can't make him sad.

"So... Anything new?" Jimin asks as he drops himself comfortably on Yoongi's bed.

"Not much... I think I finally decided on what to get you for your birthday."

"Why the rush? It's only today." Jimin snorts as Yoongi sends a sarcastic look to him.

"I didn't know what to get you, okay?!"

"Jeez, calm your tits."

"I don't have tits, Jimin. If you can't tell."

"Then calm your bal--"

"JIMIN!"

The younger bursts into laughter and Yoongi attacks him with a pillow.

"S-stop! Stop oh my god!" He giggles with almost no breath, kicking Yoongi in the stomach as a reaction.

"Fuck!" Yoongi curses in pain, clutching the place where he has just been kicked in.

Jimin panics, instantly sitting up and checking the older.

"I'm sorry! Oh, my god, are you okay?"

"Yes... It's fine." Yoongi says, trying his best to not make the younger one feel guilty.

Jimin is strong (due to the fact that he is a robot), and Yoongi having no fat whatsoever doesn't help the situation.

It only hurts more.

"I didn't realize it hurts that much..." Jimin apologizes as guilt rushed over him.

"No, no, it's fine--"

"Yoongi!" Iseul interrupts.

"I'm coming!" He yells back to his mom. "Don't worry about it, okay?" He smiles comfortingly before leaving Jimin alone in the room.