Seventeen° Libras

"So tell me about yourself، Jimin," Geumjae says.

The two boys are sitting far from the chaos that's unfolding between Yoongi and Geumjae's friends.

Geumjae wants to talk with Jimin a bit. Get to know him. Where does he live, what's his sign, his social security number,-- okay maybe that's exaggerated, but he seriously wants all the information he can get out of Jimin.

He wants to know if he's qualified to be Yoongi's friend.

Jimin gulps, feeling as if the question has a right and a wrong answer. "Uh, well. I'm Park Jimin. I live two streets down. I'll be turning eighteen soon... Uh... Can you please ask me direct questions? I don't know if you want to know all of that..." Jimin fidgets with his sleeves.

"Hm. No creativity, I see. Alright. What's your sign?"

"I'm a Libra."

"Interesting... So you're bossy, inclined to revenge, and self-absorbed. Noted." Geumjae hums.

Jimin's jaw drops. "I don't really believe in that zodiac thing. But if you do, then Libras are also agreeable and honest people who believe strongly in the importance of social connections and are good at lasting relationships." Jimin huffs as he crosses his hands over his chest.

Geumjae smirks. "They're also a people pleaser... And I see that acting up right now."

Jimin flushes a crimson shade of red, covering his face with his hands.

Geumjae brings his hand to remove Jimin's from his face, but he stops.

He sees bracelets. A lot of them.

He feels the familiar pain in his heart.

Maybe Jimin is also a victim in this damn cruel world, just like Yoongi.

He doesn't want to assume too fast, but it's just too familiar.

"Easily flustered, people pleaser, self-absorbed, bossy, inclined to revenge, not creative, and extremely indecisive. Not quite the qualities I'm looking for, but Yoongi loves you and that's enough." Geumjae smiles softly, making Jimin look up at him with doe eyes.

He thought it was cute.

-

"Shouldn't you boys sleep? You two have school tomorrow." Iseul directs at Yoongi and Jimin.

"My friends could share my bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Geumjae says, yawning.

"I'll join Hyung on the couch, too," Jimin informs.

"No, you won't you can take my bed. I'll sleep on the couch with my brother." Yoongi interrupts.

"Are you sure? I don't--"

"Yes! I'm sleepy. See y'all tomorrow." Yoongi stretches his arms before waving and leaving the room.

Soon, everyone else leaves too and Jimin is left alone.

"I like your friend," Geumjae says when Yoongi steps into the living room.

Yoongi is quite shocked, but he doesn't show it. Instead, he rolls his eyes. "Like I care about your opinion."

It's not that Yoongi thought Geumjae will hate Jimin because the blonde is a bad person, but it's more because Geumjae likes no one.

Byeongho, Junseo, and Minjun are Geumjae's childhood friends. It took him time to make sure they were worthy of this friendship, and when he realized they were, he held on to them.

And they are amazing, even Yoongi admits. But that doesn't mean whoever Geumjae doesn't like is a bad person.

"Shut it, punk. You know I'm doing this for you. Jimin is in a similar condition to you. I don't think it will be so bad if you too are friends."

It takes Yoongi a few minutes to understand what his brother is talking about. And once he does, his brows furrow.

"What do you mean? Are you doing this just because you pity him?" Yoongi's anger builds higher as he speaks each word.

"What? No! I'm just saying he's going through a hard time too. It wouldn't be logical if he hurts you." Geumjae defends.

"I don't care. Even if he wasn't going through a hard time, I would still never leave Jimin." Yoongi tries his best to calm himself down.

Geumjae has a point, Yoongi knows. But this wasn't very appropriate to say.

"Yoongi--"

"Goodnight, Hyung. And please stay out of my business."