Fourty five° Fifth family member

Jimin sits, tongue-tied as his parents continue talking about another family member.

Apparently, Jimin's mom was pregnant when Jimin was four and Jeongyeon eight. She didn't tell Jimin then because she wanted it to be a surprise. But as she gave birth to Jihyun, she was informed about his weak health.

She didn't have the chance to talk to Jimin about Jihyun since he has been at the hospital for a while. She didn't want to worry Jimin.

She knew how a four year old Jimin could be; scared and worried.

But at the time, she didn't expect Jihyun to stay at the hospital for years. He was a very fragile newborn that had to go under a few surgeries and eat and drink specific things that won't harm him.

At one point, Jihyun had to be treated outside. Which was a hard decision since everyone was scared if robots. Luckily, at that time it wasn't severe.

So Jihyun's aunt who lived in America was more than glad to look after him till he gets better at the new hospital in America.

And after Jihyun turned ten years old, his parents were finally ready to pick him up from the airport. Healthy and done with hospitals, Jihyun was waiting at the airport.

Jeongyeon though insisted they drop her to grab coffee. Her parents dropped her off, and since Jimin was stubborn about staying with his sister, they told them to stay inside the coffee shop while they pick Jihyun since the airport wasn't that far.

They didn't expect much to happen then. They thought they were going to pick up Jihyun, come back to Jeongyeon and Jimin, then go back home as a family of five.

But they didn't expect their whole life to change. They didn't expect to come back as four. They picked up Jihyun, but they lost Jimin.

Since then, Jihyun has heard about Jimin. Their parents kept mentioning him to make sure Jihyun knows he has a brother. But everything was too complicated for a ten year old boy who was hearing about his robotic fourteen-year-old brother.

Though, they stopped talking about Jimin when Jihyun turned eleven.

Even though Jihyun was young, he knew he didn't like the idea of Jimin being a robot. Even now, fourteen year old Jihyun hated that same idea.

"Where is he?" Is the first thing Jimin says after their parents finished their confession.

Yoongi is sitting next to Jimin, his hand resting on his back to comfort him.

"He's not home yet."

-

When Jihyun came back home, he listened to his parents talk about Jimin with no interest and a little bit of fear, then went to his room without even glancing at Jimin.

As much as Jimin too doesn't like the fact that he suddenly has a brother out of nowhere, he knows he has to make peace with it sooner or later.

And he doesn't like how Jihyun treated him.