Twenty° Weakness

A part of Jimin regrets messing with Yoongi's stuff, but he knows he did the right thing nonetheless. He cares about Yoongi, and with the stuff he takes, he's slowly killing himself. Jimin can't bare to see him like this and do nothing.

It's lunch break and Yoongi didn't speak a word to Jimin since the morning.

Jimin doesn't know what to do. And what makes him feel worse is that Yoongi isn't even at the cafeteria.

He can't help but assume what will happen if Sejung finds Yoongi before him.

Or worse.

He's scared about what Yoongi can do to himself. He tried searching for him, but he didn't find him. That's how he's sitting alone at a lunch table, biting his nails with anxiety.

"Hey."

Jimin turns around fast, a little too fast even. Not even noticing the owner of the voice was a girl, not Yoongi.

He didn't hear a word from the other today, he thought maybe, just maybe, Yoongi is the one calling him.

But he's so wrong.

"Dahyun." Jimin visibly scrunches his face in disgust before turning back again.

Dahyun frowns at the lack of attention, making herself comfortable on the seat in Infront of Jimin.

She smiles knowingly as she rests her chin in the palms of her hands, her elbows on the table.

"What do you want?" Jimin asks in annoyance when she doesn't speak.

"Why are you alone? Where is your friend?" She ignores.

"It's none of your business." Jimin blurts.

"What a shame a pretty boy like you is sitting all alone." A whiney Dahyun smiles.

Jimin cringes at her choice of words and tone. "What do you want?" He repeats.

"C'mon, Jimin, don't be like that... " She pouts as she moves closer to him. "I'm sure you missed our friendship too." She whispers, smirking when Jimin tenses as their thighs touch.

"Y-you weren't a good friend, Dahyun." He says, looking straight ahead.

"I know and I'm sorry. I learned from my mistake." Dahyun says it so sincerely that Jimin believes her.

"Did you really?"

She nods softly with a genuine smile. Jimin sighs, finally bringing his eyes to meet hers.

 Jimin sighs, finally bringing his eyes to meet hers

Dahyun is beautiful, he can't lie. In his opinion, she has the prettiest smile.

"Can we start over?"

"... Fine."

-

Yoongi hasn't felt hungry for a long time. It feels almost fake when his stomach growls for food.

"Anything else?" The canteen guy asks as he hands him the pack of gum.

Yoongi gulps. "Uh... Maybe chips?"

The guy nods and hands Yoongi a bag of chips. Yoongi pays and leaves.

Passing by, he sees Jimin sitting beside Dahyun. It takes him everything to prevent himself from going over there and asking Dahyun what the fuck she wants.

He ignores the scene and continues heading to the bleachers.

Is Jimin replacing him now?

-

Jimin catches a glimpse of Yoongi exiting the double doors. He knows where he's headed, to the bleachers.

He feels relieved to see Yoongi unharmed. But it will take more than a glance from afar to make sure he isn't hurt at all.

He stands up, completely forgetting about the ranting Dahyun. She follows him without complaining, although, he's way ahead.

Jimin takes fast steps, afraid to lose Yoongi. Fortunately, he's there just in time as Yoongi sits down.

He's still far, but at least Jimin can see him.

Yoongi sighs and he falls down on the grass. It's slightly wet, but Yoongi can't care less. He bites his lower lip, thinking deeply before pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

He takes one out, searching for a lighter at the same time he's putting back the pack in his pocket.

He lights the cigarette after holding it between his teeth.

As he inhales the gas, he feels the familiar feeling of relaxation and relief.

Blowing the smoke out is a whole nother feeling.

He lets all his concerns burn with the heat of the cigarette, and his worries fly away with the deadly smoke that exits his body.

Jimin freezes for a second, making sure he sees right. When he does, his eyebrows frown and his legs start automatically running.

Dahyun starts walking faster, completely sure the younger forgot about her.

"Yoongi!" Jimin yells as he approaches the said boy, tears almost in his eyes.

That's when Dahyun stops. She turns around a corner and decides to watch what happens from there.

Yoongi doesn't seem like he heard Jimin's call. Because his eyes are still shut as he inhales more chemicals.

"Yoongi!" Jimin calls a second time, his legs running as fast as they can.

Yoongi finally hears him. His head turns to the voice, his eyes widening immediately as he recognizes Jimin.

It takes him a minute to figure out what to do or how to act that Jimin's already there.

Yoongi chokes, immediately throwing the cigarette away from him and trying his best to get rid of the smoke by waving his hands as if Jimin didn't already see him.

He keeps coughing and Jimin is finally standing on top of him. He pants as he drops down to his knees, now at the same eye level as Yoongi.

"Yoongi-- I'm sorry. Please forgive me- I can't bare this anymore! What are you doing?! You're killing yourself! I don't know why you're doing this- I--"

Yoongi cuts him off by embracing him in a warm, comforting hug. Jimin instantly eases and hugs back stronger, wrapping his arms around Yoongi's slim body.

The younger boy's hiccuping by the time the tears start to run down his cheeks. He doesn't even know why he's crying.

Yoongi places his hand behind Jimin's head as he pulls him closer, both their eyes are shut.

Once Jimin calms down, he pulls away first, staring at Yoongi's ruined eyes.

The weather is cloudy and there is no sign of the bright sun.

Just like Yoongi's eyes.