Comfort

.
~I wish I could enter your world, the one you lose yourself in when the voices get too loud. You look so much happier there.~
.

༺♥༻

Y/n's pov:

Well...I could look worse. The robes I wore fell slightly past my feet and dragged on the floor. There was a deep slit that cut through as it began on my upper thigh. On the top, it had a long v-neck that displayed a part of me I'd rather leave to my bathroom mirror.

I entered the room Hera told me to, hoping it wasn't the wrong one. I sigh in relief upon seeing the figure on the bed. Her lips are pulled into a thin smile as she gazes at me with warmth.

"Please, sit. I believe we have much to discuss."

My feet find their way to her bed and I else a seat beside her as she suggested. Did I do something bad? Probably, I've shown little to no respect for Apollo and Hermes. And I practically treated the most important god, Zeus, like he was a fly on the wall. Good grief.

"Sorry, I know I haven't been the best company...and I could apologize to Zoe's if I must" The last part felt like a bit of a stretch. I can't bring myself to look at her, in a weird way I don't necessarily want to disappoint or upset Hera. God, I do hate feelings.

"That oaf?" She laughs, the sound like the twinkling of wind chimes on a cold autumn day. "On the contrary, we find you to be a pleasant guest. Though don't let it go to your head that all these gods have come to like you, my dear."

I nod and attempt to smile, "I won't."

A beat goes by where neither of us says anything. It wasn't the quiet that needed to be filled, but rather the quiet you could relax and breathe in. I needed to breathe right now.

The woman sighs, as if her next words pained her. "Down to business, y/n. What is your plan?"

Plan..? I haven't thought much further than getting home. But at this rate, I could just never find my way back.

would that be a bad thing? What do I have in my time? I don't have any people waiting for me to return, neither do I have a pleasant home to return to. All my time frame has left for me is a bucket load of bad memories. All that waits for me is more work, and more tears saved for the pillow.

Shut it. You're self-pitying again. Others have it worse, your problems are meaningless.

"I-I don't know." My tone holds as much uncertainty as my words. I slouch as I sit and my head hangs low without really thinking about it.

I feel a warm hand rub circles on my back. "Hey, is everything alright?" Her voice is warm and soothing, yet it only ignited the bubbling fear and anger deep in my gut.

"No." The word slips my tongue without much thought. "I don't know where the hell I am." My voice rose and my throat pinched. "I don't know if I'll ever get to go back home. I don't know if things will go back to the way they were before because of all this bullshit." Because I'm from a different time frame meeting literal gods.

I don't want to be home. But it's better than being in a space full of so much uncertainty. "You guys say I'm honored and some shit, but I would rather be anywhere else than here!" My words drip with venom, not directed at her but at something else.

She seems to understand the is as she doesn't flinch at my words. Instead, she gives a gentle nod of her head. "I understand you must be scared, and unsure of dozens of things at the moment. But I'm here to tell you, if you are willing to stay here you're welcome, and I can assist you in figuring all these things out."